Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

google earth

YankMarine said:
Area-51 is there, all right, but you can't go directly to it.
"fly to" Rachel, NV, then manualy drag the map to a sort of rectangular-shaped dry lake to the west, and slightly south.
It's labeled Emigrant Valley/ Groom Lake. Just look for the runways!

There's an easier way: just type "Area 51" into the 'Fly to' box (top left of the screen) and hit return. Takes you straight there.

Don

Xplosiverab said:
Is Area 51 on google Earth.......quick scan over Nevada should do the job.

Or, what about Credenhill, home of THEM.

If its not, then theres your answer.

No high res over hereford, though you can sort of see where it'd supposed to be.

Donny said:
YankMarine said:
Area-51 is there, all right, but you can't go directly to it.
"fly to" Rachel, NV, then manualy drag the map to a sort of rectangular-shaped dry lake to the west, and slightly south.
It's labeled Emigrant Valley/ Groom Lake. Just look for the runways!

There's an easier way: just type "Area 51" into the 'Fly to' box (top left of the screen) and hit return. Takes you straight there.

Don

I'll be damned. I tried it once and it didn't work.
Maybe I have the uselessly-paranoid spam version.

They also change the images on a regular basis. London Heathrow Airport, where I currently work, recently showed detailed imagery of all the new building work fo T5 and showed the new tower in place, less than a year old. Yet in the same images showed concorde parked on the stands on T4, mmmm, might have been a while since that happened I think. I beleieve the concorde images are still there but can't access them from work.........

Trossachs said:
medic000 said:
I WAS RECENTLY VERY BORED AND DECIDED TO TAKE A LOOK AT GOOGLE EARTH TO MY AMAZEMENT I VERY EASILY FOUND QUITE DETAILED ARIEAL PHOTS OF NUMERUS CAMPS HOME AND ABROAD. HAS THIS BEEN PASSED UP THE CHAIN OR IS IT FREEDOM OF INFOMATION ACT GETTING A BIT DANGEROUS.

Its paranoid thinking like this that is "DANGEROUS". Potentially hostile Govts have their own satellite phots. Terrorists could get the same info from an OS map and a recce with a digi camera - better yet the ubiquitous civvy cleaner. If you want detailed plans of a UK camp go down the council offices. They will have nice construction plans 1:500 from the last time a water pipe was laid. As for camps overseas - we vet the LECs how well ??

All that happens when a fuss is made about this sort of thing is that we look as sad as the conspiracy theorists. At least they get a buzz out of it.

Last course I was on some-one seriously suggested that a DB containing nothing above Restricted should be classified Secret because "all that info adds up". Right. Lets classify the BT phone book and put it on limited distribution too shall we ??

ANybody can buy much better shots from the SPOT satellites.

570mils said:
They also change the images on a regular basis. London Heathrow Airport, where I currently work, recently showed detailed imagery of all the new building work fo T5 and showed the new tower in place, less than a year old. Yet in the same images showed concorde parked on the stands on T4, mmmm, might have been a while since that happened I think. I beleieve the concorde images are still there but can't access them from work.........

I am looking now. I cannot see any Concordes, but what I can see is one aircraft toward the East end of the site on runway 23 Southwest at the 1000m point and another at the start of runway 09 East in the Southwest corner of the site, apparently heading toward one-another.

The latter doesn't appear to have commenced take-off, but the two are taking off in almost opposite directions, so, while I don't believe its entirely impossible, I do believe this in itself is a composite. (And there's a queue of aircraft waiting to take off from runway 09, but interestingly none for runway 23.)

AlienFTM said:
570mils said:

I am looking now. I cannot see any Concordes, but what I can see is one aircraft toward the East end of the site on runway 23 Southwest at the 1000m point and another at the start of runway 09 East in the Southwest corner of the site, apparently heading toward one-another.

The latter doesn't appear to have commenced take-off, but the two are taking off in almost opposite directions, so, while I don't believe its entirely impossible, I do believe this in itself is a composite. (And there's a queue of aircraft waiting to take off from runway 09, but interestingly none for runway 23.)
Strangely, all of Ascention Island is pixilated out.
What was that about American interests?

cohnee said:
Xplosiverab said:
Is Area 51 on google Earth.......quick scan over Nevada should do the job.

Or, what about Credenhill, home of THEM.

If its not, then theres your answer.

No high res over hereford, though you can sort of see where it'd supposed to be.

It's under the black maskers!

Activate the military tab in Google communities, head to Hereford, one of the 2 info icons at Credenhill gives a link to a high res overlay of the base!!!