Google Earth - Whats it for??

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Bravo2nothing, Jul 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its the training area for the 304th Peoples Army Dwarf Regiment.

2. beat me to it Flashy!

3. Action Man training environment?

4. I read about this place, one lazy summers afternoon at xxxxxxxxx, with not a lot else to do but go through a load of 'stuff in folders' just because I could and others couldn't.

It's a form of BGT (Chinese style) 'Birdtable'.

Looking at the above link and the 'bootnote';

Surely not 'our Kenny'?

5. You need some obliques to get an impression of the buildings to photo east of the model, plus the image should be rotated 90 degrees...jesus sorry, slipped into IA mode.

6. Wouldn't a stereo pair help immensely?

I remember that from my A3 !!!

7. ok.....apart from Midget Chinese Ninja killers and Action Man demos, what would a planner use this 'tool' for?

8. Twitch...twitch...make the bad man stop

9. What's it for? It's for trying to find your house when nothing's happening here. But that gets boring after the fourteenth time. I try finding birds sunbathing topless in their gardens too. Nothing to report.

10. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Worlds most elaborate Warhammer 40 000 game....

Google earth is mainly for...i dunno, trying to figure out how out of date the picture is?

11. Google Earth is what IMINTers look at on the internet when they're drunk instead of pr0n.

12. Some one went completely ott on his orders :?
    Goggle earth used to start arguments over length of the bpfa course :D .NCO baffled to how I got a sat photo of the course even after i tried explaining goggle earth to him.

13. If you have a spanking A0 printer at work, Google Earth is what you use to make large prints of other peoples houses and then charge 'em £15 a time for. Not me, obviously, because that would be stealing from the Army................... Like taking batteries..............and stationery............................

14. Or stationery... :lol:

Honestly - INT CORPS, attenshun 2 detayl and all that...