Google earth going backwards in time

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Von_Paulus, Dec 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There was a time, when you could look at Basrah AP and see C-130's & all our accomodation, now, the picture on Google Earth is from pre-invasion days (I think).
    In the old picture (newer?) you ccould make out the Naafi etc. Umm quasr is the same. The base & chinese patrol boats have all gone?

Anyone know why? I need my fix of nostalgia.
  2. Um, i dunno, but i remember looking on it last summer (when my husband was out there) and it was completely blanked out, you couldn't see anything it just said that you weren't allowed to view it, so maybe now they have reverted to an old view just so there's something there??? who knows...
  3. BIG BROTHER!!!!!
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Yup, definitely reverted to a while back.
  5. At least the rag heads will have to find a different method for reccying their MBP's now. ;)
  6. Done by someone VERY neurotic. Even Coyote is now pre-concentration. (I think).
  7. Same happened with Heathrow Airport a while back, suddenly terminal 5 wasn't there anymore, nor the new control tower.

All images were 'unavailable' to view during the recent scare with 'liquid' explosives and the massive delays caused.

Strangely we have the images back now with terminal five and the tower.

Eventually they have removed the pictures of Terminal 4 with concorde still sat on the stands but you can still see the shell parked toward the north end of the crosswind runway, near the 23 marker.
  8. It's a collusion. Google Earth, NASA's World Wind and even MS Live Search have all reverted to the old images.
  9. I've just posted some questions in the google earth forum, so I'll post here in case anyone else is interested.

Have you noticed how hard it is to google for google information?