Google Earth Falklands/Islas Malvinas

Was browsing on Google Earth today and looked at the Falklands - and was saddened to note that most of the pictures on there were posted by Argentinians and labelled in ?Spanish?. They even have the pic of Royal Marines as prisoners after the initial surrender.

Come on lads - anybody who's served over there got any snapshots? Please post them on Google Earth with proper English titles - please don't let the Argies dominate the isles, even in cyberspace. And if you know any kelpers, get them to put pics up too, so the world can see they are British!

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
WTFF don't get this , why should any of us give a flying about pictures on Google, I have thousands of Photographs of the building of Mount Pleasent, I was one of LMAs photographers amongst my other jobs, but why would I post them on Google

WTFF don't get this , why should any of us give a flying about pictures on Google, I have thousands of Photographs of the building of Mount Pleasent, I was one of LMAs photographers amongst my other jobs, but why would I post them on Google
Back to bed fuckstick.

Your relevance in the Falklands is about as much as mine is to the battle of Kurekder. You swung a shovel round for a few months and pickled your liver courtesy of a tax free wage.

Men died on them there islands ....

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
Back to bed fuckstick.

Your relevance in the Falklands is about as much as mine is to the battle of Kurekder. You swung a shovel round for a few months and pickled your liver courtesy of a tax free wage.

Men died on them there islands ....
Very true 18 during the building of the Airport, I feel very guilty about the one who died of hyperthermia on the back of my sections bus after a day on the piss in the Globe

you realy are a knob, my first friend to get killed in the FI did so in 1969,while serving with the RM detachment at Moody Brook
So you lost 2 mates down there at different times? **** me, them two and all the others? Based on that I wouldnt even share a marshmallow filled gondola with you into a cave full of Heidi Klums !!

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
So you lost 2 mates down there at different times? **** me, them two and all the others? Based on that I wouldnt even share a marshmallow filled gondola with you into a cave full of Heidi Klums !!
If I wrote down all the mates I've lost , and children of mates, the last one only being a few months ago it would be a very long list indeed,

P

PrinceAlbert

Just lately I feel like it, I seem to be going to funerals on a weekly basis, but its when its your mates kid coming through Wooten it gets you
Did you slip his missus one, and he could have been your illegitimate lovechild?

Within 12 posts:

Jim24 = Tropper64 = Bugsy = All About Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

Within 12 posts:

Jim24 = Tropper64 = Bugsy = All About Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:
Your Stephen Hawking like intelect has let you down there

Has the thread completely derailed into all about you?

Answer, yes!

Just like every thread Bugsy posted on - whether he was the OP or not. Simple enough for you?

The reason, Jim, I asked people here to make Google Earth more representative of the real world is "hearts and minds" I know lots of folk here lost mates reclaiming those islands, and I know the locals were intensely grateful, but if kids in school these days looked at the islands on their computer they'd think they are already Argentinian and wonder what the fuss was about. So quickly is sacrifice forgotten, even on this particular day.

The reason, Jim, I asked people here to make Google Earth more representative of the real world is "hearts and minds" I know lots of folk here lost mates reclaiming those islands, and I know the locals were intensely grateful, but if kids in school these days looked at the islands on their computer they'd think they are already Argentinian and wonder what the fuss was about. So quickly is sacrifice forgotten, even on this particular day.

Ignore him, he is a fat little know all **** who sprays threads with grainy photos and whimsical musings of days gone by.

If it's any consolation my old man busted his bollocks down there and still referred to it as a 'shit hole' :)

What did he come through on? A drop handled Raleigh racer ?
now that, is funny.

Regarding the Google thing. My old man and his mate have some nice photos of some crispy critters having a kip in the schoolhouse.