Google Earth Falklands/Islas Malvinas

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CivvyPete, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was browsing on Google Earth today and looked at the Falklands - and was saddened to note that most of the pictures on there were posted by Argentinians and labelled in ?Spanish?. They even have the pic of Royal Marines as prisoners after the initial surrender.

Come on lads - anybody who's served over there got any snapshots? Please post them on Google Earth with proper English titles - please don't let the Argies dominate the isles, even in cyberspace. And if you know any kelpers, get them to put pics up too, so the world can see they are British!

2. Even better is the view of the airfield and other sites of interest. OPSEC my arrse

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

WTFF don't get this , why should any of us give a flying about pictures on Google, I have thousands of Photographs of the building of Mount Pleasent, I was one of LMAs photographers amongst my other jobs, but why would I post them on Google

4. Back to bed fuckstick.

Your relevance in the Falklands is about as much as mine is to the battle of Kurekder. You swung a shovel round for a few months and pickled your liver courtesy of a tax free wage.

Men died on them there islands ....

5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Very true 18 during the building of the Airport, I feel very guilty about the one who died of hyperthermia on the back of my sections bus after a day on the piss in the Globe

6. Did he climb on the roof to get away from your breath?

7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

you realy are a knob, my first friend to get killed in the FI did so in 1969,while serving with the RM detachment at Moody Brook

8. So you lost 2 mates down there at different times? **** me, them two and all the others? Based on that I wouldnt even share a marshmallow filled gondola with you into a cave full of Heidi Klums !!

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

If I wrote down all the mates I've lost , and children of mates, the last one only being a few months ago it would be a very long list indeed,

10. you're the grim reaper and I claim my £5

11. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Just lately I feel like it, I seem to be going to funerals on a weekly basis, but its when its your mates kid coming through Wooten it gets you

12. Did you slip his missus one, and he could have been your illegitimate lovechild?

13. What did he come through on? A drop handled Raleigh racer ?

14. Within 12 posts:

Jim24 = Tropper64 = Bugsy = All About Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

15. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Your Stephen Hawking like intelect has let you down there