Google Earth & 1UK Med Gp

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Pox_Dr, Jun 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems to be all change at Shiabar. The New build seems a little bigger as well.

2. how about a link!
    I cant be arrsed to dig about.

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Lazy Git, Foxy!

Try 30 25 14 29N 47 38 07 04E

It's definatley been upgraded and handy for 'Al Queeda' to work out their MBPs.

5. train spotter

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Thank you!!

7. Isn't the hospital going to move with the proposed draw down of troops in Iraq? I hear SLB will be closing.

8. It's supposed to be moving to the APOD and will draw down to a 25 bed facility. Not sure when it will actually move as it was supposed to have started in April.

9. Purely guess work here, but the last build lasted 2 yrs or so & cost god no's how much, looking around Shaibah it self there appears to be load of building work, so I guess they are in Shaibah for at least another 2 to 3 yrs plus

10. Go onto your Google earth and have a look at the work going on at the APOD. You will see camps going up, thats not for theatre expansion, and you will soon see camps coming down at SLB. The Hosp is one that will soon be down.
    Your right the British are in Iraq for more years just not at SLB.

11. Will be easier for evac of soldiers as well.

12. How do you find it on google earth...Yes I have tried Iraq before anyone replies but how can I locate Shaibah? I have tried the cords from Ventress but it doesnt seem to work.

13. If you click the "google earth comunity" bit on the left (its in a scroll down menu) you'l see that a bunch of people have put pins in it already. Thats how i found it.

T C

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Find basra and then move west until you see a mass in the desert, labled $hithole, thats SLB.

15. The picture is rather out of date (by about a year). So you can hardly say anything that can be seen on it is especially new!