Google Chrome

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Awol, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every time I close down an Arrse browser window it logs me completely out of Arrse despite the fact that I have set the relevant options in Chrome's preferences to save passwords, and have ticked the 'remember me' box next to the log in field. It's obviously a pain in the proverbial to having to keep logging, in so I wonder is this just me, or is it a known feature/glitch?
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Just you I think mate. I'be been using Chrome since launch and it's never behaved as above.
  3. No problems for me either Awol, recently started using instead of IE and haven't looked back.
  4. Options>Under the hood>Content settings>Cookies=Allow local data to be set

Of course, if that's what you've got already, that wasn't the problem :-/
  5. Sounds like you have some other setting or bit of software (a security package maybe) that's set to delete, cookies and web history whenever you close. If so, delve into it's options and change the settings.
  6. what is google chrome?
  7. Thanks for all the advice chaps.

I'm pretty sure it's not a cookie issue because all the settings are as they should be.

All other sites I visit remember passwords etc so I posted the question in case it was a known Chrome/Arrse thing, but it's obviously just me.

It's probably caused by conflicting programmes, but as I don't know which ones, I'm just going to have to live with it.

Thanks again.