Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Gren, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know how to save a site/page to favourites/bookmarks whatever it is? ive clicked every damn icon and menu, but cannot find the way to do it.

IE was much easier to get to grips with.

2. Cllick the star to the left of the URL

C_C

3. Cheers for that, how fookin easy is that :oops:

4. Mine is the linux version but there`s a star next to the address of the page you are on. Click that and it saves the page to your bookmarks.

5. Thats been bugging me for a few weeks now, cheers :D

6. Also, if you click and hold the star and drag it down to space below the text field it will save as a toolbar link.

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It does sound really obvious but I struggled with Chrome too initially and wasn't sure about how to do that.

It seemed a bit too stripped down after Firefox. Stick with it though; I wouldn't be without Chrome now.

8. Join the club. Firefox has been banished from my Laptop, and IE has been used.... ummmm. almost never.

9. A bit like your...........

No, no I refuse to be so puerile and silly

10. Chrome is even better now that you can get addons, I've got ad block installed and it's stopped the cr@p pretty well. ;)

11. I've just switched to Chrome.

(My three versions of Firefox had all started the intensely annoying habit of freezing the PC for two or three minutes, each hour or so. I don't even have any add-ons, apart from UK dictionary)

Not easy to find anything at first sight, is it? I had to follow the links above just to track down where the heck favourites/bookmarks were.

So far Chrome seems fast and light - uses less than half the system resources that Firefox did.

Next user problem: I find that Chrome seems to let page links "die" if they are not used in a certain time. E.g. typing a reply into one of these Arrse topics: when I press "submit", Chrome always reports that the "link is dead". I have to "go back" and "submit" again whilst the page is refreshed. Any cure for this?

12. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

I had exactly the same experience despite having removed all add-ons - am now on Chrome.

13. I use Chrome almost exclusively now and only have occasional problems, the most annoying of which is when I want to post something on here I get the message "no post method specified". Is this to do with Chrome? Does anyone else get that message?