Google Chrome users

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BossHogg, Nov 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a problem getting online using chrome, I've had to revert to steam powered IE. Any other chrome users had the same problem or is just my computer?
  2. Lots of issues with Crome, it wouldn't open sites I wanted to visit, and kept crashing.
  3. I've been on Chrome since it first became available. For some reason it seemed to take against Norton but once that was cured it has run very well. For me, it is quicker in operation by a distinguishable amount. The layout takes a little while to exploit properly but as for getting on line - never a problem

4. the only problems i had when it was first released was it wasn't compatible with java but now that has been sorted i don't have any problems with it.

what problems are you having

5. I use Chrome at home and other then occasional problem with a plugin not being available it's been very stable. I do find the odd website I have to revert back to IE7 because of rendering, plugin or script issues but it's fairly rare.

If you are having stability issues try disabling or uninstalling any third party toolbars or plugins that are not specifically mentioned as being Chrome compatible.
  6. This is the screen I get when I try to go online

I've reloaded fire fox, at least it's faster than IE
  7. ex_monkey, what does the text say?
  8. It reads as follows,

9. * If you have firewall software try temporarily disabling it.

* If you are using a USB ADSL modem ensure you really are connected to the net - those things normally don't 'dial out' until something asks them to and Chrome may not be prodding it.
  10. Everything was fine until yesterday evening, haven't downloaded anything I shouldn't have, I've uninstalled and re-installed, ran all kinds of scans, (nothing found) I'm at a loss as to why it's playing up, everyone else using chrome I've spoken to hasn't got a problem, back to the drawing board, failing that, I'll stick with firefox which is not a bad substitute I suppose :wink:
  11. Tried Chrome. Hated it. Deleted it.

It couldn't cope with Hotmail. It was no faster than Firefox3 and I found that the user interface was pitiful. I'll stick with FF3 and the ARRSE Toolbar.
  12. Mine works better than IE or firefox. I love it. Sorry though, don't know what your problem is...
  13. Ditto!

Could be that Chrome is more geared towards Vista than XP though - maybe that's the problem?
  14. Since I've got rid of all my rubbish, chrome has started working again, so it must have been the virus/trojan stopping it :D