Google China - Spot the difference.

Try "Chinese Muslim" on both searches.........

tricam said:
Although in fairness to Google there is a warning on the Chinese page that these results have been filtered.
Where?

Mine can. Unfortunately, I can only recognise man, prince and door. I used to be able to recognise "small-heart-ball-glass" which together mean "Fragile, glass." :)

Scabster_Mooch said:
At the bottom of the page showing the search results.

据当地法律法规和政策,部分搜索结果未予显示。
Roughly translated: "In accordance with local laws and government regulations, some search results have been removed."

You need a browser that can display chinese characters.

and, of course, to be able to READ F*CKING CHINESE!!! :)

So the Chinese just log into www.google.com instead of www.google.cn to bypass the retrictions, since what they want to look at will be mainly in english anyway! I am sure there are also chinese web sites based in Taiwan that cater for there needs anyway...........

Mike_2817 said:
So the Chinese just log into www.google.com instead of www.google.cn to bypass the retrictions, since what they want to look at will be mainly in english anyway! I am sure there are also chinese web sites based in Taiwan that cater for there needs anyway...........
I think chinese ISPs might do a lot of filtering aswell. So using google.com might come with a "this is filtered" sort of page when they search for something like "tiananmen square".

I only think it might not be true, but I will find out.