GOODNIGHT TOM Captain Sir Tom Moore dead aged 100 – Hero who raised millions for NHS dies in hospital after Covid battle

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
And people sending things like this on WhatsApp.

View attachment 545912

I appreciate the sentiment but find them a bit toe curling.
That's a statement about disagreeing with taking a knee for BLM more than anything to do with Tom Moore.

It's called opportunism.

He's dead?

Why hasn't anyone mentioned it?

Yokel

LE
Why should his family get a say? What did they do?

I'm sure he will get more representation than you can shake a stick at - which is good, but Christ on a bike Diana has a lot to answer for.

You misunderstood me. All these anonymous social media type and coat tail hanging celebrities have not stopped to think about the family and their wishes. The family have openly asked for privacy - which was to be left alone.

A small military presence would be significant but dignified, unlike some of the suggestions.

Can I just make all these "planners" aware of the current rules, set out by the Government and is law, (for now)...
From the Gov web site....

"Across England, we are asking everyone to stay at home. You are permitted to leave your home to attend a funeral or commemorative event but you should try and keep any arrangements local wherever possible.

Funeral ceremonies must have no more than 30 people attending, whether indoors or outdoors. This number does not include anyone working at the event. The actual number of people able to attend will depend on how many people can be safely accommodated within the venue with social distancing, and where the funeral venue manager has carried out a risk assessment and taken all reasonable measures to limit the risk of transmission of COVID-19. In some cases, this may be fewer than 30 people.

During the national lockdown, no more than 6 people can attend commemorative events such as stone setting ceremonies, the scattering of ashes or a wake. This limit applies both indoors and outdoors and does not include anyone working at the event". (Commemorative events??? Does that cover State funerals)?

A State funeral is really NOT the covid way to go... all those loved ones lost over this pandemic have been restricted to the above numbers, then they suggest something like this? Lets spread Covid to all the street lined state funeral mourners there are.... Hurrah!

Attachments

• KNEEL.jpg
    KNEEL.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 75

Calimero

Clanker
Does this have to be another politicised thread? Surely there are plenty of thread of Government/media bashing, and this is just about remembering a good man - suddenly thrust into the limelight and able to do a great deal of good for a lot of people?

Unfortunately Colonel Captain Tom was politicised from the very start!

A puppet for the left and right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the U.K. government to hold a state funeral for Captain Sir Tom Moore​

rLcRsRAAUtMjTgX-800x450-noPad.jpg

default-user-profile.svg

Sam Watson started this petition to U.K. Government
With great sadness a world hero has passed.
The U.K. government can pass a vote to hold a state funeral, usually held for monarchs or distinguished individuals. He fought with honour and bravery in war, and during our darkest hour in modern times he raised £33m for the NHS.
Covid-19 has clouded the world, but this man deserves a special send off to bring a candle to his past, present and future.

Really??????, he did well but surely not a state funeral, some 10,500 has signed the petition to have one, they are looking for 15K signatories, not mine, albeit he did good....

I'll sign if it it's paid for out of the millions he raised for the NHS

Chucking away a huge wedge and pissing about thousands of police, military and other public servants on a dewey-eyed feel-good media story isn't a great spend of public money or resources

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
All commentary on this disgusting prick is about how disrespectful of Capt. Moore he was, with - as far as I can tell - only one talkRadio presenter pointing out the actual racism in the statement.

Although the usual suspects have been quick to mention that the reverend has received "racist abuse" in response.

Last edited:
There is certainly something wrong for a Church of England Clergyman to say that, let alone the racist negative connotation to his words, but he has apologised... I've known radio and tv presenters get sacked for less. Surely the CofE boffins should be following this up?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
There is certainly something wrong for a Church of England Clergyman to say that, let alone the racist negative connotation to his words, but he has apologised... I've known radio and tv presenters get sacked for less. Surely the CofE boffins should be following this up?
It's in hand

I have no doubt, I'm sure it's in the "hands of the clergy", but I have to wonder with their past record, "what is in their hand", probably best to put answers on a postcard!!

Latest Threads