GOODNIGHT TOM Captain Sir Tom Moore dead aged 100 – Hero who raised millions for NHS dies in hospital after Covid battle

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Another death but this time an old bloke who did a bit more to help than most of the effing public.

RIP.

A century is a good innings with a fine flourish in the final over.

RIP.
My thoughts exactly and whilst his death is sad, he is one of over 100,000 who have succumed to COVID. However the media live for this kind of thing (pun intended) and the next couple of days will be Diana like in their sycophantic drivel.

Last edited:

RTU'd

LE
RIP Sir Tom.
A man that inspired many others in a time of despair.
1612282869855.png

hank

War Hero
Subject to the wishes of his family of course, he really deserves to be offered some sort of "state funeral" or an appropriate public and official recognition.

RIP Captain Sir Tom. To say he led an interesting life would be an understatement. If I could do a quarter of what he has done.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
Just broken in the sun, the more reputable press will no doubt follow quickly.
Very sad news, sir we salute you.
RIP to a noble gentleman with a sense of purpose and devotion.

Sadly, elements of the media (starting with the Bloody anti-British Co*kheads) will hijack this death as an excuse for more mask-wearing and never-ending lockdowns.

My thoughts exactly and whilst his death is sad, he is one of over 100,000 who have succumed to COVID. However the media live for this kind of thing (pun intended) and the next couple of days will be Dianna like in their sycophantic drivel.
I gave you an Excellent for your spot on assessment of the MSM reaction to this sad news, not because Captain Sir Tom has departed. Certain sections of the Media will be unwatchable/unlistenable for the next few days - no change there then!
RIP Sir.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
The bugger of it all is that we won't be able to give him the proper funeral that he deserves.

Another death but this time an old bloke who did a bit more to help than most of the effing public.

RIP.

Not intentionally. He originally went out to collect £1000, but it ended up being millions. What did he do, that others have well exceeded both in endurance, courage or hardship, that was worth millions?

Would he have been knighted, promoted etc. on a grand? Of course not. The public felt some 'thing' to donate because of him and because of it, £m's were raised. How does 100 laps of the garden and a grand =A nobody, reconcile with 100 laps and £millions, bally hero, Knight of the realm, etc?

I'm not overjoyed the old boy has coughed it, far from it, but the hero bit pushed by the media, and the plethora of awards thrown at him, in my opinion he didn't deserve, but sadly lapped up, made me quite nauseous