Goodbye to the Black Watch.

An interesting comment Ive come across By Major Collin Innes:

"The Army would never have dared to sack the Black Watch while the Queen Mother was alive."

Would fellow Arrse members agree with such a point or did the MOD already have in place the chopping of the Black Watch whilst she was alive?.

india-juliet said:
An interesting comment Ive come across By Major Collin Innes:

"The Army would never have dared to sack the Black Watch while the Queen Mother was alive."

Would fellow Arrse members agree with such a point or did the MOD already have in place the chopping of the Black Watch whilst she was alive?.
Would you have wanted to cross her? Put me down for a "no" on that point...

lancslad

Its been talked about to death on the ARRSE Boards. Use the Search index and I bet my last penny that it has cropped up before.

spike7451 said:
I'd go no here as well.Another bit of history,pride & belonging down the proverbial pan.
Well let's face it, pride in who you are isn't something politicians can relate to is it?

ExPadBrat said:
spike7451 said:
I'd go no here as well.Another bit of history,pride & belonging down the proverbial pan.
Alas, it will be Goodbye to the BW but not for another 3-4 years. It was announced in Scotsman yesterday that the RRS will be 600 soldiers down as early as this July. That's an entire Bn undermanned. Who will be culled next because there will be a cull. BW or Highlanders? One suspects BW. All Scottish Bn's have a permanent new home with the exception of BW who are sat in Palace Bks in Belfast for two years with no guaranteed home afterwards.

Sad but VERY true.

did unemployment go down in sweatyland?