Goodbye to Pinzgauer

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maninblack, Jan 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Nice to see that BAe Systems has destroyed another UK manufacturing operation and moved more jobs overseas.

Pinzgauer to close.
  2. The plans are based on a thorough review of current and future potential workload, the current cost base of Pinzgauer vehicle production, duplication of capability across BAE Systems sites, and how the product fits within BAE Systems’ wheeled vehicle strategy.

Polish people will work for peanuts.
  3. And we all know what you get for peanuts. High quality and attention to detail, er.....
  4. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Blimey they only bought the place end of last year.

A classic line from the company when they bought Armour Holdings and visited the Pinz factory - 'let me be the first to welcome you to BAE Systems. We at Land Systems are extremely pleased you are joining
    us.' - he obviously forgot to mention that they love the product just not the people in the Uk and so they'll be moving production to RSA.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I hope they dont ship it to the Czech republic, I have bought 3 Brno rifles since they split from the slovaks. The first is great the other two I bought after they joined the EU and it looks like their Quality control people left. I have seen this in some other Czech products.
  6. Don't worry Ugly, they are moving production to South Africa. So thats OK then.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I hope they zap the pinzgauer, and then we can get on with the proper job of supplying big, proper, mine-proof vehicles instead of what is basically a not-very-good copy of the snatch.
  8. Biped WTF?
    1. Who is we - do you mean BAE Systems?
    2. In what aspect does the Pinz fail to match SNATCH, breakdowns per mile?