Goodbye SAAB

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by fozzy, Dec 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cavaliers with shiny suits.

2. They hasnt been a proper Saab built since 1992, in a way its a suprise that GM hung on so long.

3. Shame. Saab were the brand that popularized the Turbo. My only-slightly-tweaked 9000 would see off most things on the road.

4. Typical, I was about to ask on here about buying a saab, only this week I've been watching a few on Ebay, well, what do you think of them,? which one to go for etc, ? er, not you jarrod, I already know what you think. :)

5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Ahhh - my old SSAB 96 V4, never serviced in 6 years and would still stuff most things on a winding road.

A sad day.

6. - or something from Witham S.V. :lol:

7. Saab Central is the best owners website. Which on you go for depends entirely on what you want. The best Saab ever(imho) was the 900t16. I had a 22 yo one a couple of years ago which was the best car I have ever driven, ever. I've also had a 900 vert and a 900NG, both of which where good cars. The most disappointing Saab so far is my cuurent 9-3 vert, but its still streets ahead of all the other soft tops on the market in terms of practicality.

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Bollox!!!!!!!!!

Still miss mine. I had two 9000SCE's one after the other. Loved them both and only moved away from SAAB when I couldnt replace them with low milage 9000's but had to look at 95's which I dont like.

9. My old 900 turbo was my favourite car ever. I was only discussing with Mrs I about maybe picking up a soft top for the summer. Maybe we still will.

Took me ages to get used to the keys being in the centre console. It's been 15 years since I got rid of it, and still to this day I can, if not thinking, go with my keys in the left hand and head down towards the handbrake.

I think they lost their way a bit when they got taken over by GM, but I suppose they wouldn't have survived this long without GM's money.

I was hopeful of a takeover though, it'll be sad to see them go.

Strange....I didn't feel that about Rover! Wonder why?

10. I am very disappointed to hear about this.

I thought Koenigsegg were going to buy them.

Never could afford one, always wanted one. Wanted a 900 sooo much when I was a kid.

Might have to man up and buy a 9-5 now even though it will be an unreliable petrol slut.

11. Never owned one but have contemplated getting one for my next car. Smaller than most Detroit iron but decent headroom and legroom for a tall big old fart with a bad back. Thank you Obama!!!

Any of you mourning the loss of Saab, write to the guy who controls GM
    Barack H. Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave
    Washing, DC, USA

Don't expect him to listen to you though.

12. Cheers clanky, had a good look on that site, should find all I need there. mate.

13. When will my local SAAB dealer be selling these models off cheap?

Attached Files:

14. I used to sell SAABs in the 1970s at a car dealer which also handled VWs, Audis, Mazdas, and Datsun (Nissan) products. They were not fast movers off the showroom floor; I could sell a couple of Golfs or RX-7s in the time it took to sell one 99, but they inspired fanatic belief in the few people who bought one. One guy I remember was so crazed he had a SAAB Sonnet II. :p :p I'm not surprised that GM's pulling the plug on the Trollhaten rocket. They've got their own problems. :cry:

If you guys are sorry to see SAAB fade off into the sunset, where were you when I was on the floor? It wouldn't have killed you to buy one of the bloody things would it have? :evil:

Any of you mourning the loss of Saab, write to the guy who controls GM (62%)

Barack H. Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

It won't do you any good because he doesn't listen but it might give you some relief to write. (I find I can get rid of a lot of aggression by going to the firing range and firing off a box of 45 cal shells at Obama official portraits.) :wink: :pissedoff: