Goodbye NHS?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From another Guardian story:

You'd think they'd learn.....
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I dunno. Contrary to what competition delivers elsewhere, exam results should be "expensive" and not "cheap".
  3. Why, have you got shares?
  4. Virgin health, Boots and loads of other companies decided it wasn't profitable running GP surgeries. This govt will chuck money to make sure it is. Labour built loads of PFI Primary care clinics and so the GP's don't own the buildings, no business to sell. Private companies will have massive bid writing dept's that your GP won't.
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

While I am no fan of the American model of medical care, the NHS idea is a joke. It bleeds the system but delivers little.
  6. This tread will run and run ..... second biggest employer after the Chinese Army and plenty of vested interest [jobs] ............... arrsers employed in the NHS.............. The usual lefty v right politicalisation on here .......... Bring it on!

7. Thats what worries me. Per capita, we pay about half what an American does for their healthcare system.
    American companies are showing interest in our NHS as their domestic business model runs out if profits, they've done the math and worked out that £Billions can be added on in administrative profits running hived off chunks of the NHS with big government bribes, example - look how activle Unum are behind the scenes, a company branded an 'outlaw enterprise' in its home country. I suspect the NHS is going to be a new Gold Rush for non UK asset strippers and crooks.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. I've seen it in mental health, learning disabilities and drug services. The bids look great but there is no substance behind them.
    Commissioners don't have any qualifications to commission and so the money runs away and they can't control it.
    Any sensible clinician can see through the hype but...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

My Dad was suffering from Colonic cancer. 3 months for him to get an experts opinion on the NHS. I flew him out to me and he was seen within a day on my insurance. As I understand it a relatively minor surgery and he is hot to trot, and alive. **** the NHS, its shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Funny old world as we've had a two week maximum wait for suspected cancer for years.
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Must be in crazy world as my Dad was still waiting.
  12. I've not seen a patient wait longer than two weeks, often they're seen within a few days.

13. This would be the wonderful private system that will decline you if you come back for more of the same?
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

PM me anytime and chat with me and my Dad.

You must be working for the most efficient health organisation in the country, indeed in Europe. The Cloggies outdid you in a weekend.