Goodbye David Bellamy

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Attenborough versus Bellamy

One bought (was forced under threat of disfenestration) the BBC Global Warming / Climate Change / et al scam and the other did not.

Now, compare their respective careers within the BBC.........
In fairness to Attenborough, I was involved in an environmental project and we asked the great and the good who'd made noises in this area for some specific support. The appeal was unsuccessful but Attenborough was the only one who sent his regrets and best wishes in a handwritten reply. Also, I've not heard Attenborough being badmouthed by people who've worked with him, which is as rare as rocking horse sh1t in the TV sector.

I’ve never heard from him in years and feared a yew tree connection but am so happy to hear his stance on global warming.

Loved him as a young guy, the working mans attenborough.

Such a shame he wasn’t around for my kids like he was when I was a child.

RIP decent beardy bloke.

A sound bloke who became a non person after he said man made global warming was BS.

I feel a right cvnt. I thought he'd become compost years ago. Used to love watching him when I was a kid, I'd forgotten all about him until now.

RIP DB
Same here. Earlier this week, I consulted his Wiki page to find out when he died and was delighted to find that he was still extant.

I'm drawing up a list of other people to do a Wiki search on.

Bye bye to one of the most personable presidents of the Camping and Caravanning Club.

His style was like a breath of fresh air when he first appeared on TV .... I will always remember his " Got to get your hands down among the cweepy cwarlies " ... that may come back to bite him now .

His style was like a breath of fresh air when he first appeared on TV .... I will always remember his " Got to get your hands down among the cweepy cwarlies " ... that may come back to bite him now .
And have a damn good feed.
The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out,
The one's that crawl in are lean and thin,
The ones that crawl out are fat and stout.
Be merry my friends, be merry.
He's have been very happy about that.

Same here. Earlier this week, I consulted his Wiki page to find out when he died and was delighted to find that he was still extant.

I'm drawing up a list of other people to do a Wiki search on.

Bye bye to one of the most personable presidents of the Camping and Caravanning Club.
I did wonder why the flag of the Camping and Caravanning Club site I drove past yesterday was at half mast.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I saw him give a presentation once and couldn't get over the size of the guy - not especially tall but everything about him was big - head, hands, etc. But that wasn't what made him an imposing presence - it was the way he spoke, the articulacy and enthusiasm.

It's sad that he was branded unfashionable and left to languish. RIP.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
What's got 14 doors that won't open?

David Bellamy's advent calendar.

I kinda knew that
Apologies if it came across that I was telling you something that you obviously knew, I was just adding to the information you provided.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bedended Travel 10
Drlligaf Old & Bold 7
Forces Pension Society Armed Forces Pension Scheme 0

Latest Threads