Good weapon handling drills - not. Russian shoots himself clubbing a racoon

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Dwarf, Sep 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He obviously didn't pay attention during military service, another for the Darwin Awards.
    Should we contemplate issuing bayonets?

Russian hunter shoots self dead trying to kill coon | STRANGE BUT TRUE | RIA Novosti

CHELYABINSK, September 12 (RIA Novosti)

A hunter accidently shot himself dead while trying to finish off a raccoon with the butt of his rifle, investigators form Russia's Chelyabinsk Region said on Monday.

"The young man went hunting with his friends on September 10. They shot a raccoon. Then the man tried to finish off the animal with the butt of his rifle and accidentally shot himself in the stomach," investigators said.

The wounded man was taken to a hospital where he soon died.

Or these two, is it my suspicious mind or is there a trend here?

STRANGE BUT TRUE
    Man launches self-made missile model, kills wife in northwest Russia

Man launches self-made missile model, kills wife in northwest Russia | STRANGE BUT TRUE | RIA Novosti

STRANGE BUT TRUE
    Man launches self-made missile model, kills wife in northwest Russia
    18:48 12/08/2011
    ST. PETERSBURG, August 12 (RIA Novosti)

A woman in northwestern Russia was killed by a missile model constructed and launched by her husband, the regional investigation department said on Friday.

In early August, a 42-year-old aviation company employee keen on model aviation launched a self-made missile model at a field near the Borisovo village in the Vologda Region. His wife was watching the launch from a distance.

"During the launch, the model rocket veered off course and hit his wife in the head. The woman died in the hospital," investigators said in a statement.

The man could face up to two years in prison for manslaughter.

STRANGE BUT TRUE
    Russian retiree shoots wife instead of pig
    18:42 16/06/2011
    TULA, June 16 (RIA Novosti)

A Russian pensioner is facing up to two years in jail for accidentally shooting his wife dead as he was preparing to kill a pig, the Investigative Committee regional directorate said on Thursday.

The 60-year-old resident of the Tula region, about 200 km south of Moscow, was loading a homemade firearm to shoot a pig when it accidentally went off, fatally injuring his wife who was standing nearby.

The woman died on the spot.

The man has been charged with negligent homicide and ordered not to leave the town pending trial.

Russian retiree shoots wife instead of pig | STRANGE BUT TRUE | RIA Novosti

2. Had he survived, he would have been on the list for the Darwin awards.

3. I thought it was those who snuffed it that got the Darwin award for removing themselves from the gene pool.

4. I think you've got that arse about face, he died, therefore he's removed himself from the Gene pool. A1 Darwin candidate..........

5. Ah right, makes more sense that way. Good, Darwin award it is!

6. The Darwin awards are posthumous. the recipient must be dead, having already removed themselves from the gene Pool. If they did not die then there is a chance that they might still contribute to said gene pool and would not be eligible.

The Darwin Awards

7. HHH

HHH LE

That's 2 very good excuses for doing away with the wife !!:nod:

8. I think you have to prevent yourself from reproducing, by either being dead or infertile, eg if you manage to cut your balls off. That's natural selection in action, hence Darwin.

9. More to the point, what has 5A done to piss the Russkies off?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm shore 5A wouldn't be so stupid to get himself shot by a Russki.

so just who is this coon walt?

11. The Ivans don't seem to have a handle on racist terms in English. When GAZPROM went into business with the Nigerian state oil firm, one of their genuises thought that 'NIGAZ' would be a good name for the joint venture, not thinking that this might not go down well with the locals ...

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Nigaz name sparks racism debate

12. All of which just confirms that vodka and firearms do not mix.

13. Is it wrong to thing that hilariously funny???? almost wet myself....again!!

14. Such incidents do occur anywhere in the world, its just a matter of coincidence.

I am sure there have been many British soldiers killed during Friendly fire too, or even by a bomb from a Yankee jet.

but the stories are funny.

Must be the cheap vodka they drink