Good US units for journalists to visit in Afghanistan?

Currently trying to find a good embed location for someone. If you know a unit that sees a lot of action, deserves media attention and would look "sexy" in the eyes of the journalist's editor, then please let me know.

......................................................................................Tumbleweed

Right at tthe front line where the bullets hit the dark blue press vest!

me n bee said:
Yep, but I think he doesn't know which front line. The gist of it seems to be that a lot of the popular units - Paras, Marines - are getting most of the attention, and he wants to go somewhere else. I'm off to Kabul myself soon, but not soon enough to give him a decent sight picture before he leaves on the assignment.

Well, there are US troops in Kandahar and Helmand. There's no shortage of pretty explosions down there.

cheesypoptart said:
me n bee said:
Yep, but I think he doesn't know which front line. The gist of it seems to be that a lot of the popular units - Paras, Marines - are getting most of the attention, and he wants to go somewhere else. I'm off to Kabul myself soon, but not soon enough to give him a decent sight picture before he leaves on the assignment.

How about with an EOD Unit, defusing IEDs? :wink:

"Currently trying to find a good embed location for someone. If you know a unit that sees a lot of action, deserves media attention and would look "sexy" in the eyes of the journalist's editor, then please let me know."

This has got to be a waaaahhh, yes? If it is, I declare myself a mong. If it is not, I can only despair - is this really what some in the press have sunk to?

Trip, that's even better then a marines or para unit lol

Trip_Wire said:
How about with an EOD Unit, defusing IEDs? :wink:
You know, I think that's a really good one. I'll put it to him. Knowing a specific unit would be a good idea, but he can just ask the PAO in Kabul for that.

And yes, King_of_the_Burpas, this is a wind up. Waaaah.

how about a nice commcen, you can see how the bleeps struggle to answer bone phone calls and stamp up signal messages whilst thier ice cream gets warm

war is hell

:D