Good US units for journalists to visit in Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by cheesypoptart, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently trying to find a good embed location for someone. If you know a unit that sees a lot of action, deserves media attention and would look "sexy" in the eyes of the journalist's editor, then please let me know.

2. ......................................................................................Tumbleweed

3. Well, I figured that I'd give people a chance to influence the way the war is reported. It's take it or leave it, I suppose. :oops:

4. Right at tthe front line where the bullets hit the dark blue press vest!

5. Yep, but I think he doesn't know which front line. The gist of it seems to be that a lot of the popular units - Paras, Marines - are getting most of the attention, and he wants to go somewhere else. I'm off to Kabul myself soon, but not soon enough to give him a decent sight picture before he leaves on the assignment.

6. Well, there are US troops in Kandahar and Helmand. There's no shortage of pretty explosions down there.

7. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

How about with an EOD Unit, defusing IEDs? :wink:

8. "Currently trying to find a good embed location for someone. If you know a unit that sees a lot of action, deserves media attention and would look "sexy" in the eyes of the journalist's editor, then please let me know."

This has got to be a waaaahhh, yes? If it is, I declare myself a mong. If it is not, I can only despair - is this really what some in the press have sunk to?

9. Trip, that's even better then a marines or para unit lol

10. You know, I think that's a really good one. I'll put it to him. Knowing a specific unit would be a good idea, but he can just ask the PAO in Kabul for that.

And yes, King_of_the_Burpas, this is a wind up. Waaaah.

11. how about a nice commcen, you can see how the bleeps struggle to answer bone phone calls and stamp up signal messages whilst thier ice cream gets warm

war is hell

:D