ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Good training programmes to get fit for phase 1?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by TheOriginalRocky, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I passed my ADSC the other month and I've been told I'm likely to get the next JE CMT intake (March 2013) however, As I haven't been in the Army I have no clue as to what aspects of fitness I should work on!
    If anyone could help me
    (a)- with a training programme
    Or
    (b)- the aspects of training I should focus on
    Many thanks in advance.

2. You want to do HIIT training, medium/long distance running and cirucits which involves upperbody strength.

HIIT Workouts: 30 Second Training Intervals

I'm not going to lie, I knocked 42 seconds off my 1.5 mile run in just over a week doing HIIT interval training... Sprinting then walking, and repeat

3. My 1.5 miler is alright, i
    But how far should I be running before phase 1?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app

4. What you running the 1.5 miler in at the moment?

I havent been to phase one yet so I don't know what training they do but I think they do a three miler after a few weeks, just jog long distance a few times a week and increase the route each time. Set yourself a target (2.5 miles, run/jog it and make sure you reach the distance each time). Start off with a distance you are comfortable with and then push yourself. No shortcuts to getting fit. It's hard, painful but rewarding =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.