Good training programmes to get fit for phase 1?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by TheOriginalRocky, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I passed my ADSC the other month and I've been told I'm likely to get the next JE CMT intake (March 2013) however, As I haven't been in the Army I have no clue as to what aspects of fitness I should work on!
    If anyone could help me
    (a)- with a training programme
    (b)- the aspects of training I should focus on
    Many thanks in advance.
  2. You want to do HIIT training, medium/long distance running and cirucits which involves upperbody strength.

HIIT Workouts: 30 Second Training Intervals

I'm not going to lie, I knocked 42 seconds off my 1.5 mile run in just over a week doing HIIT interval training... Sprinting then walking, and repeat
  3. My 1.5 miler is alright, i
    But how far should I be running before phase 1?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
  4. What you running the 1.5 miler in at the moment?

I havent been to phase one yet so I don't know what training they do but I think they do a three miler after a few weeks, just jog long distance a few times a week and increase the route each time. Set yourself a target (2.5 miles, run/jog it and make sure you reach the distance each time). Start off with a distance you are comfortable with and then push yourself. No shortcuts to getting fit. It's hard, painful but rewarding =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.