Good tablet device?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Glasgow_Jock, Nov 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The long haired CO fancies some sort of tablet device for her birthday / crimbo.

Unfortunately these gadgets have taken me virtually by surprise & I was pretty much ignorant regarding the existence of "tablets" until most of the lads started buying cheap Samsung Galaxy 7 & 10s out in Canada.

My ceiling is £300 & she prefers the 7inch version ( :) ) though other than that I haven't a clue what I'm looking at with regards to specs, brands etc for a quality tablet. She'll use it for face ache / web browsing, playing games such as Angry Birds, most likely watching films & any other shite she can do with it subsequently leaving me alone to game away on the PC.

Any ideas / input?
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

No competition, you can get a 32Gb Nexus 7 for £199 or if you must have 3G then that is £239. I've had the 16Gb one for about three months now and it goes everywhere with me.

Super quick, better screen than an iPad Mini, Android 4.2 and google music now available in the UK. Winner.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fu2

fu2 LE

Samsung galaxy note 10.1. light, fast and not Apple
  4. I've got a nexus 7, had it since August and I've got nothing bad to say about it. Cracking hardware for the price, android 4.2 is pretty unbreakable and the screen is top notch. It's not the prettiest bit of kit in the world, it's got a rubberised back as opposed to a nice shiny aluminum (though this is probably better if she's got butter fingers). From £170, I couldn't recommend it enough.
  5. Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 now £238 from Amazon. Gotta look for that price, though.
    Google Nexus 7 direct from Google Play is £159.
  6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

If I got a non-Apple job is there a way of extracting all my music out of itunes?
  7. Yup there is an app called Winamp that can sort that out.
  8. Ive got a Nexus 7, absolutely amazing bit of kit. Couldnt do without it now.
    If your a big apple fan you can probably pick up the Ipad mini for around 300.
  9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Ta. Less for me but the boy wants something similar for chrimbo
  10. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Google Music will do that for you
  11. Can you connect one of these nexus 7's to a projector?
  12. I don't age. The wife has ipad 2 and I have samsung 7" Tab.We both prefer the tab
    • Like Like x 1
  13. That should read agree. f +!!!ng tab. Its true though. . I don't age ;-)