Good source for green string?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by usmarox, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Y'know, the hairy army-issue stuff. Can't get any out of the SQMS and I've run out.

Anyone know of anywhere that sells it? Or something like it but cheaper/stronger/lighter?

2. Twine? String? Thin rope? Thick thread?

The list is endless....

3. you know green hairy

4. Go round any training area you should be able to pick up loads of the stuff tied to trees. Why cant you get it from your SQMS theres loads of the stuff :?

5. Source No 1: QM(T) dept.

Source No 2: Weekends, Catering Dept. They tie all the roast dinners up with the stuff.

6. B&Q, Homebase, Wilkinson's, any garden centre, local ironmonger, some local newsagents.

Mug a cadet - they're bound to have loads.

If it doesn't have to be green, go to a wool shop. I would recommend 4-ply baby wool. It's thinner and lighter, is less rough on your delicate fingers and comes in lovely pastel shades.

To make carriage easier, you could buy it in the form of a green jumper. Just snip the hem (either waist or sleeve, depending on how much you want) and pull the loose end. It's much easier than hunting for a roll of string in your bergan.

If you're not in a hurry and want to get it free, start saving belly button fluff. When you've got enough, spin it into a yarn.

7. nic it of other pepole

8. my brothier in law married the woman in chargeof green string and minetape its all kept at arborefield the reme place :?

9. Woods on any training area after end ex! and if you look carefully enough you'll find the odd bungee tree.

10. NSN.........................Designation.........DofQ

4020-99-1278580......Cord,Fibrous.......RO
    4020-99-1277268......Twine,Fibrous......EA

Put a laundry list demand from your department stores into your Sqms Dept

11. dont tell me you've just put it on Ebay 8O

12. How long a piece do you want?

13. usually in the top left pocket of smock. 30 mtrs for the use of.

14. Nope, just found it in a search.