Good song, lousy cam

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr Happy, Mar 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

2. Their Americans, what do you expect?

Not only have their Army got that grey shit that blends in nowhere but here

Their Navy has a new camo too (and it's even more gash). One assumes it's designed to hide them if/when they fall overboard.

Is it just me that sees a problem with all of their armed forces having different camo patterns? I mean it's not like they have a problem shooting at one another when they are all dressed the same....
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I like the fact that the cam matches the floor, and furniture.

The USN cam got stopped as I understand it, the idea was that the soldiers on stag when the boat is on board don't stand out like beacons to the enemy snipers. However, as its never actually happened, there was a concern that they might just be spending ten's of millions of bucks on something as useless as image...

Now if the nice CINCUSN had thought about it as a recruiting tool he'd probably got the budget instead of inventing a hostile threat...
  4. Always thought the original [johnny cash] version was far better than the one done by that insignificant Irish 'pop' group.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I think you mean "Always thought the original [Tom Petty] version"
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

My bold: The reason RN Quartermasters and Bosun's mates (gangway guards) wear DPM is actually so that they stand out as a deterent apparently. Obviously someone in DPM looks more like a trained soldier/marine etc. than a matelot in blue kit.
  7. It was shown on that program about Ark Royal. Getting out the dessy's for the few hours that the ship was in the suez canel.