Good series (TV)

zubrzycki

War Hero
I am bored.

What good tv box sets are worth having to watch? i already have Scrubs, Teachers, House, American Dad, Family Guy, Ghost Whisperer (Jennifer Love Hewitt is a stunner) and i am on the final disc of Supernatural!!

When i have finished this disc i am going to be the most bored man in NATO. What is worth watching?

ofcrneko

Clanker
Box sets: Deadwood,Band of Brothers,NCIS to name a few

Unless you are on ammo guard get out and about you sad git! :wink:

(this msge does not apply if you have no arms or legs) :roll:

Torchwood, spin off from Dr. Who. cracking series.

zubrzycki

War Hero
Dr Who i might get.

Deadwood? NCIS? and blackadder is a good idea

Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes

How about films, or do you insist on telly box sets? There's any number of classic war films available

zubrzycki

War Hero
devilish said:
Torchwood, spin off from Dr. Who. cracking series.

T O R C H W O O D

D O C T O R W H O

how cool is that!

zubrzycki

War Hero
schweik said:
Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes

How about films, or do you insist on telly box sets? There's any number of classic war films available

Life on mars is awesome! i had series one where the guy goes in a coma, but i lost that a few years ago. good suggestion!

i would prefer box sets becuase otherwise i will watch the film then be bored again. (i am on Herrick with just over three months left)

AbeFruman

Clanker
I suggest the West Wing , a brillant drama about the workings of the White House. The Wire: a word of mouth cop series that was tucked away on the FX channel. A must watch programme :D

What about the box sets of 24, should keep you amused.

Dexter is excellent - main character a 'good' serial killer. look out for Burn Notice when it comes to DVD - about a 'burned' CIA operative stuck in Miami getting into adventures and stuff. Foyles War - WWII dectective stories are excellent. I found all the Inspector Morse at soon to be defunct Zavvi for £36 in a box 8000 odd mins of quality TV. The Riches is good if you like Eddie Izzard - sadly cancelled after one season. Weeds is funny and has much MILF eye candy. Various series of 24 kept me going when I was laid up last year and unable to leave my recliner chair. As did the entire Kung Fu - excellent cheese!

There are a few to look out for.

I was a bit disappointed with Ashes to Ashes. Life on Mars is quality though. The Sharpe boxset should keep you entertained for a fair while. Or for proper retro action The A Team!

Mellie

Swinger
Dexter - series 1-3
Battlestar Galactica - looking forward to the final episodes of series 4 starting 16 Jan 2009

Band of Brothers
Father Ted
The Young Ones
Lost
Heroes
Prison Break

For a more educated box set why not try Inspector Morse. All 33 Episodes that's 66 hours.

Latest Threads