Good riddance facebook?

Same here, it's a handy way of keeping up to date with friends' news and pics, getting new ideas, organising social events, keeping up with local bands and gigs.

And it also offers some fantastic trolling opportunities. "Special Air Service" FB group is my current favourite.
Well that's what they want you to think.
There have a little dopamine hit on me for being quoted :)

They are hardly on skid row

Facebook beats in Q3 with $4.7B profit, record share price despite Russia

There are no other social media sites that are even close to the numbers Facebook has, it has over 2 billion accounts,
Until something like VR mixed with Second life becomes the norm, its not moving from the top spot.
It says that it has over 2 billion accounts.
Facebook quietly updated two key numbers about its user base

As soon as it is seen as uncool and old peoples stuff then it will die.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Same here, it's a handy way of keeping up to date with friends' news and pics, getting new ideas, organising social events, keeping up with local bands and gigs.

And it also offers some fantastic trolling opportunities. "Special Air Service" FB group is my current favourite.
ooh, linky please?

Mt boys and their friends (early teens) have no interest in it at all, they are all using Snapchat and similar apps. They see Facebook as an old person's thing that their Mum's use.

I had to get a FB account when I became secretary of a local sports club. That also came with the fun bits of having to filter out / remove / block the fake posters (Genuine Ray-Bans for only $15.99!), weed out the knob-heads, play referee during the inevitable arguments and generally prevent arguments from escalating [why didn't little Tarqin get picked for the Sunday team this week....].
I didn't mind posting the proper stuff up (fixtures, team selection, results, fund raising announcements etc). TBH I was totally fed up with the whole thing after 12 months and jacked it in after getting dogs abuse from some flash-Harry marketer who wanted our club to sell his insurance products for a cut of the profit.
When I'd jacked it in I then got further whinging from several other people when my replacement didn't do as good a job as I did!
These days I mainly use FB messenger to communicate with one of my deaf relatives and some friends who live >200 miles away or else abroad.
I hate the FB ads, the dodgy news feed and the inevitable nagging of "groups you might want to join..." and I do use an advert blocker.

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
ooh, linky please?
I'm too thick to do a linky, but if you go to FB and look up "The Special Air Service", it's fairly interesting - still not sure how much is gen, but there are awesome levels of bum-sucking and illiteracy. :D

Mt boys and their friends (early teens) have no interest in it at all, they are all using Snapchat and similar apps. They see Facebook as an old person's thing that their Mum's use.
Snapchat allows photos and messages to disappear with no record. ...... So girls end up sending intimate photos ....and their 'boyfriends' photograph them with their phones and share them anyway. There is so much exploitation out there and social media 'fills' every pervert's 'niche'. It normalises the obscene and is mostly very damaging to the young, in so many ways in my opinion.

FB is for sad no mark ***** who can't develop proper relationships in the real world.
Look at you being all cool and edgy and not following the head by avoiding the most popular social media site in the world.

Then telling everyone on another social media site.

Snapchat allows photos and messages to disappear with no record. ...... So girls end up sending intimate photos ....and their 'boyfriends' photograph them with their phones and share them anyway. There is so much exploitation out there and social media 'fills' every pervert's 'niche'. It normalises the obscene and is mostly very damaging to the young, in so many ways in my opinion.
Forgetting how easy it is to do a screen capture and your fanny is on t'internet forever.

It serves its purpose, it allows me to very easily keep in touch with family and friends with very little effort on my part. And anyone can work on the ‘TV’ principle of if you don’t like it, don’t look.

It also allows me to get great satisfaction of seeing how much better I am doing than some of the pricks in life who have looked down their nose at me at varying stages :)

Forgetting how easy it is to do a screen capture and your fanny is on t'internet forever.
Screen capture is now reported back to the original sender. Boys get round this by using their phones to copy the image so the girl is not aware. The perverts are always one step ahead. You cannot stress the risks enough to your kids.

FB is for sad no mark ***** who can't develop proper relationships in the real world.
I've got FB to keep in touch with my family who live all over the place, or friends I've known for a while.

I've got no ARRSERs on there (that I know of), but it doesn't stop them adding my family as "Friends" or stalking me on LinkedIn. That's truly sad.

ARRSE........social.?
You need to get a beer down your neck kid.
In your haste to show everyone what a trend setter you are, I assume you didn't bother to look up what social media is?

I have been on facebook for a few years now. Over this time I have locked it down and secured it so only friends can see my posts, and to stop the crap ads or suggested pages.
It's ok, but I don't take as much interest in it as I used to. It is handy to keep in touch with friends who I rarely see due to geographical location.

I have recently started using instagram as it seems that my nephews and nieces and now daughter use that more often.