Good riddance facebook?

An interesting and in depth article on the BBC outilnes why the fortunes of this, IMHO, odious 'social' media site may now be on the wane,

Eight reasons Facebook has peaked

Mark Zuckerberg has always come across to me as a creepy individual I would not trust to sit on a toilet the right way round, let alone be the CEO of a major listed corporation.

Zuckerberg didn't even invent facebook, it was stolen from someone else, as is alleged here,

Facebook 'paid out $65m' over claims idea was stolen

With a record like Zuckerberg's and facebook's use of fake news to pump out left-wing propaganda, the wane of this and other 'social' media sites can only be welcomed.

Last edited:
An interesting and in depth article on the BBC outilnes why the fortunes of this, IMHO, odious 'social' media site may now be on the wane,

Mark Zuckerberg has always come across to me as a creepy individual I would not trust to sit on a toilet the right way round, let alone be the CEO of a major listed corporation.

Zuckerberg didn't even invent facebook, it was stolen from someone else, as is alleged here,

With a record like Zuckerberg,s and facebook's use of fake news to pump out left-wing propaganda, the wane of this and other 'social' media sites can only be welcomed.
About 12 months ago, the Guardian were running stories on how Facebook was struggling, they, like the BBC are talking bollocks, it's a multi billion pound company that will be around for a while.

About 12 months ago, the Guardian were running stories on how Facebook was struggling, they, like the BBC are talking bollocks, it's a multi billion pound company that will be around for a while.
I can't see facebook dissappearing any time soon, but if the BBC story is only partly correct and advertising revenue starts to go south, their prominence will be under threat.

The barometer on this will be the direction their share price goes from now.

Last edited:
Remembering the old Friends Reunited founded in 2000 I believe some 4 years earlier than Facebook and one of the pioneers of social networking. Often wondered why with a head start in that field it never really took off in the same way as Facebook did.Complacency perhaps?

Facebook will eventually be taken over by something else. That is just the way of things.
Fifteen/twenty years from now people will be saying to each other "Remember that Facebook sh**e that eveyone used to use?"

With a record like Zuckerberg,s and facebook's use of fake news to pump out left-wing propaganda, the wane of this and other 'social' media sites can only be welcomed.
You'd be it's biggest fanboi if it pumped out your particular brand of fascist propaganda though, wouldn't you?

Anyone who sees a left wing agenda in facebook must be off his meds.

Remembering the old Friends Reunited founded in 2000 I believe some 4 years earlier than Facebook and one of the pioneers of social networking. Often wondered why with a head start in that field it never really took off in the same way as Facebook did.Complacency perhaps?
Friends Reunited started charging a fee, didn't they?

And MySpace

Or indeed Faceparty, UK idea and seemed to suffer from not wanting be an advertising platform and misreading child protection legislation when it killed off 7 million profiles. ISTR having to know someone on there to be invited/allowed to join.
Theres some very interesting talks on TED about Faceache and Twatter which would no doubt upset the Twatterati.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Or indeed Faceparty, UK idea and seemed to suffer from not wanting be an advertising platform and misreading child protection legislation when it killed off 7 million profiles. ISTR having to know someone on there to be invited/allowed to join.
Theres some very interesting talks on TED about Faceache and Twatter which would no doubt upset the Twatterati.
What doesn't upset those snowflake *******?

It's been widely known that the age demographic on Faceache switched from children to that of their stalking parents several years ago. With children only posting stuff to keep their anxious parents off the trail.

The three things in which it fails are in the irrational and crap algorithm indexing which decides what you see and the illogical sequence it appears. Their resolute failure and arrogance to adequately moderate content and the complexity of security settings designed only to extract data for resale to marketeers rather than personal security.

One of the things I always find when working on Facebook in an official capacity is the resolute failure to "find stuff" (unlike the forum social media concept which groups and indexes historic data by searchable content).

Facebook knows all about these calculated failings and simply produces the latest fashion in social media to retain the demographic they "lose" from another, usually by plagurising a similar platform. Instagram and WhatsApp being just two examples.

Imagine how ARRSE would be if your missus, or your mum and aunties were on it, and knew what you were commenting about. Mums don't really see the funny side to a mong joke.

Don't use fb, haven't used it for quite a few years now. All this social media crap is just that , crap.

If you're important to me you'll have my phone number or know where I live, if you don't, then you're not important.

My kid's (in their late 20s) no longer use FB other than for the odd update post for their oldies like me, but they still have literally thousands of photos hidden away on their accounts from when they were growing up and using it that I'm sure they never saved elsewhere.

It would be a shame if they lost their photos if someone suddenly switched off FB, but then they don't seem to look back on photo albums the same way. I guess it's to do with Generation 'Photo my plate of food from six different angles' that they don't see a photo as capturing a moment of time that you might want to look back on one day.

I use Faecesboak every day. BUT, I have not used my personal page, wall or whatever it is called for months, if not years. I have 5 friends, one of which is SWMBO, others all military.

What I DO use it for is looking at special interest military (Navy/Submarine) and other groups. Where else would I get to see so many funny jokes and memes each day! (Not to mention the animal videos!!). I regularly get links to amazing videos or clips or entire programmes on Youtube, that I otherwise wouldn't know about.

I have my security locked down tighter than a crab's arrse, though I'm aware even that isn't good enough.

If it went off air tomorrow, would I shed a tear? Nope!