Good reason not to use Telewest if youre feeling ill...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by trickywoo, Jul 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son came of his pushbike yesterday and was hurt enough for us to call 999. The woman who answered the call took no details but put me through to the real Emergency Services. Thing is, she had to try three numbers and we waited 30 seconds or so on each one and when we were finally connected the lady said, "Crawley? That's not our area."

We had no idea the if you're on Cable that 999 isn't the real 999 "Yes? Who? What? Right!" number. I'm a fat ba5tard these days so it's not looking good on the cardiac front, especially now that our local A&E has been moved 9 miles away, but that's another story.

Bloody worrying though.

/rant.

2. Jesus tricky - get on to the media with that.

3. That bad, eh? It was a good 2 minutes at least before we were connected but then I don't know how long it normally takes. Is rather worrying though. Not to say a little bizarre - I just assumed 999 was 999.

4. Shouldn't take any longer than it takes to say "Which service do you require?" then you should be put through to your local operator/station!!

2 minutes is a long time in terms of a casualty, they say that the first five minutes of an incident are the most critical!!

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

If you go to-
    www.cableforum.co.uk
    they have a direct line to NTL Telewest if you want to make a complaint.
    Another good site for gripes is
    www.ntlhell.co.uk
    (I used to work for them as a service technician until I got made redundent last September.)
    Spike