Good RE Reads?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Grievo_87, Dec 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heyup everyone,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to go through books like nobody's business.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books by Sappers? Especially memoirs. As I'm looking at going into the RE, however it's a corps I've read hardly anything about. Most unusual for me.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Grievo.

2. Try Sapper Mag.

3. modern day hero - by Nick Pettit.

4. 5 bells job done by Tony Liddicoat

5. indeed it is.

Diary of a Sapper by Julian Beirne (if a little antit-fieldie for my liking :) )

6. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

XD Operations by CCH Brazier.

The story of Kent Fortress RE a small TA unit in 1940 given the task of denying Germany the oil in Holland.

Excellent book.

7. Pull up a sandbag.
    Jonathan Smiles..

8. Is there any truth in somebody writing a book about a REST on Herrick 11?

9. Penned by two Former Sappers and STILL available through Amazon even though Amazon seem to think it is Out of Stock! go direct to the Page where you can purchase it here:

[​IMG]

10. And there is of course the definitive History of the Corps, probably still available from the Sapper Shop:

[​IMG]

Edited to Add: It is indeed available in The Sapper Shop (Corps Enterprises) along with several other Sapper Reads here: Books - Sapper Shop - run by RE Corps Enterprises Ltd

11. Thanks for all the replies lads, got plenty on the wish list on amazon to work through now!

12. Bomb Hunters being released on 6 Feb 2011 you can pre order through Amazon