• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Good RE Reads?

Heyup everyone,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to go through books like nobody's business.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books by Sappers? Especially memoirs. As I'm looking at going into the RE, however it's a corps I've read hardly anything about. Most unusual for me.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Grievo.

Heyup everyone,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to go through books like nobody's business.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books by Sappers? Especially memoirs. As I'm looking at going into the RE, however it's a corps I've read hardly anything about. Most unusual for me.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Grievo.
Try Sapper Mag.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
XD Operations by CCH Brazier.

The story of Kent Fortress RE a small TA unit in 1940 given the task of denying Germany the oil in Holland.

Excellent book.

Am reading this just now but it feels very good, so far:

Mike Rossiter's "We fought at Arnhem".

Story of 3 guys who fought at Arnhem. One of them is Tom Carpenter, a sapper from 9th Field Coy. R.E.

The Lonely War by Lt Col E E Wakeling ERD - an account of an R.E Bomb Disposal officer during the darks days of WW2, very interesting, especialy if you have a leaning towards the Army Darts Team....

Latest Threads