Good RE Reads?

Heyup everyone,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to go through books like nobody's business.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books by Sappers? Especially memoirs. As I'm looking at going into the RE, however it's a corps I've read hardly anything about. Most unusual for me.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Grievo.

Heyup everyone,

I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to go through books like nobody's business.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books by Sappers? Especially memoirs. As I'm looking at going into the RE, however it's a corps I've read hardly anything about. Most unusual for me.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Grievo.
Try Sapper Mag.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
XD Operations by CCH Brazier.

The story of Kent Fortress RE a small TA unit in 1940 given the task of denying Germany the oil in Holland.

Excellent book.

Is there any truth in somebody writing a book about a REST on Herrick 11?

Pull up a sandbag.
Jonathan Smiles..
Penned by two Former Sappers and STILL available through Amazon even though Amazon seem to think it is Out of Stock! go direct to the Page where you can purchase it here:

Is there any truth in somebody writing a book about a REST on Herrick 11?
Bomb Hunters being released on 6 Feb 2011 you can pre order through Amazon

Am reading this just now but it feels very good, so far:

Mike Rossiter's "We fought at Arnhem".

Story of 3 guys who fought at Arnhem. One of them is Tom Carpenter, a sapper from 9th Field Coy. R.E.

The Lonely War by Lt Col E E Wakeling ERD - an account of an R.E Bomb Disposal officer during the darks days of WW2, very interesting, especialy if you have a leaning towards the Army Darts Team....

After having two great tours with the Fat Badges I think you need to be looking at 'Does My ARRSE look big in this dress'