Good quality outdoor cargo/combat trousers.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by instinct, Sep 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for something to wear for my outdoor pursuits.

I bought from costco several years ago a really nice and well made set but they have since fallen apart and i don't live near it any more.

What do you recommend without breaking the bank?

Thanks,

Instinct

2. Hmmmm, it sounds like you need some sort of suit.

Durable? Hmmm. Shell is durable. I know:

shellsuit.jpg

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Sluggy's wardrobe is full of ones like that. you should ask her where she nicked - er, where she bought hers.

4. Chaps i wanted trousers not a tent! *hides*

5. A tent?

You could pop her in a golf bag.

6. At a guess, some Gypo in Darlo?! I lost count at the amount of Cart racing, same heads I blew away in my 2.0L Diesel Golf on the A66.

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

on a serious note, my last few pairs have come off Ebay. perfectly good quality and cheap as chips.

8. Craghoppers?

9. Crag Hoppers are cheap but OK-ish.

10. Where abouts on ebay or is it just a case of search and see what comes up?

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It might help if you defined 'outdoor pursuits' which can range from burying the remains of your latest trophy item at 03.30 in the woods to having a crack at the Old Man of Hoy in the wet.

For general outdoor graft, not the cheapest but they take some stick...

dickies.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hiking, sailing, cycling and so on. Not exactly taxing but not what matalans finest will stand up for long with.

13. There are some good bits of kit to be found in T K Maxx but you have to know what you are looking for and you also have to go in T K Maxx in the first place - which can be a bit of a downer.

14. The Helikon SF trousers in beige or coyote brown are a good quality with the ability to add an insert knee pad (padding from old UBACS). You can pick the up from £25-£30.

15. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I usually find typing the name of what I'm looking for into the search field and then going through the results works for me. ;)