Good present to buy a lady on getting her Majority

Discussion in 'Officers' started by BuggerAll, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm looking for ideas for a suitable present to buy a lady to celebrate her Majority. I got her a pearl ring to celebrate passing out of Sandhurst (completed the earrings and necklace ladies wear in mess dress).

Of course I could just get her a present but I'd like to get something that seems relevant.

2. How about a glass cieling for her house? :D

3. Give her a pearl necklace.

4. If she doesn't already have them; a Mont Blank pen set? Perhaps in a relevant regimental colour?

Beige list was out in Dec 09 and those selected don't wear it until July, so you're either a bit late in asking this question or planning well ahead!

5. An engagement ring? As the statistics are against her being married.

6. Get her the female Apache pilot book book so she knows the standard that all lady officers should meet in the view from behind stakes!!

7. BuggerAll

She gets acting on appt to a post in April and substantive in October. (at least I thought it was Oct but you may be right and its July).

I like the pen idea.

(BTB - she is married)

8. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Why not a little crown? ......... ;-)

More seriously, nice dress watch or a nifty ink pen package.

9. In which case I hope she is either your wife, daugter, niece, sister, cousin or goddaughter, or else I would suggest that a present as personal as those described might not be appropriate.

10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

11. msr

msr LE

To you?

12. Female Majors are something of an unknown quantity to me, but if she's anything at all like a significant proportion of her male peers, a course of preemptive psychiatric counselling woudn't go amiss.
    Other than that, a decent watch or pen set (suitably engraved) seems appropriate.

13. A really nice pushchair. Within months she will be looking to have babies and the retiring as soon as the pension is secured! :x

Sorry, just bitter and twisted. :oops:

Has she got her own sword? Now that is a quality present.

14. BuggerAll

Crown? She could strollt about her unit saying "Who's Queen?" a la Miranda Richardson's Elizabeth.

15. BuggerAll

Yes.