Good News!

It's not really "current affairs", but in the run up to Christmas I thought this forum could do with some good news.

A mate of mine has just returned from Afghanistan with 1WFR (sorry, 2 Mercian). Despite being p*ssed off initially about having to parade all over the place, it seems to have shoved the Army into the public light, and he's received a lot of attention for it.

Having been invited out almost every night since he got back, and slept around half the local university, the lucky tw*t is living on cloud 9 at the moment!

Let's hope the other lads are receiving the same treatment this Xmas.

RFUK said:
and slept around half the local university, the lucky tw*t is living on cloud 9 at the moment!
I think I know the Uni. Hope he boiled them first.

G

Goku

“spend 6 months in Afgan being shot at by sand bunnies in return for 6 months shooting your load up slutty students”

It could make for a good recruiting poster :D

Goku said:
“spend 6 months in Afgan being shot at by sand bunnies in return for 6 months shooting your load up slutty students”

Similar to the enemy's recruitment drive in fact... Except ours are definitely not virgins!! :wink:

We had the same after Gulf War 1 when I went home on leave back to Scunthorpe from Germany. One of he pubs is called the Desert Rat and they laid on free booze for a while to any squaddies who produced their MOD 90. Rat ARRSED

Goku said:

Seems like a fair deal to me :D

Yes, only 3 months to push !!!

Apperently the town of which my regiment is based has warned off the council and booked up places for when we get back, sqn/regt pissups, parade etc.. And a long weekend to soak up the atmosphere of it all before POTL and tea and medals.