Good News!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RFUK, Dec 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's not really "current affairs", but in the run up to Christmas I thought this forum could do with some good news.

A mate of mine has just returned from Afghanistan with 1WFR (sorry, 2 Mercian). Despite being p*ssed off initially about having to parade all over the place, it seems to have shoved the Army into the public light, and he's received a lot of attention for it.

Having been invited out almost every night since he got back, and slept around half the local university, the lucky tw*t is living on cloud 9 at the moment!

Let's hope the other lads are receiving the same treatment this Xmas.
  2. I think I know the Uni. Hope he boiled them first.
  3. “spend 6 months in Afgan being shot at by sand bunnies in return for 6 months shooting your load up slutty students”

It could make for a good recruiting poster :D
  4. Similar to the enemy's recruitment drive in fact... Except ours are definitely not virgins!! :wink:
  5. We had the same after Gulf War 1 when I went home on leave back to Scunthorpe from Germany. One of he pubs is called the Desert Rat and they laid on free booze for a while to any squaddies who produced their MOD 90. Rat ARRSED
  6. Where do I sign up?

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Seems like a fair deal to me :D
  8. Yes, only 3 months to push !!!

Apperently the town of which my regiment is based has warned off the council and booked up places for when we get back, sqn/regt pissups, parade etc.. And a long weekend to soak up the atmosphere of it all before POTL and tea and medals.