Good News to all Prospective Applicants like myself

Went to the Recruiting Office on 5 October and was flown down to FT Leonard Wood, a.k.a "Little Korea" on the 26th of October to begin training with the next batch of numnuts. leftrghteftrightleftright 1971 Vietnam Special.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They even have Majorettes, and a goat -

That right arm above the forehead on every left-foot is interesting, ours seldom went past our foreskins.

I'd like to see the Rifles and Spanish Legion in a marching race along The Mall.
I’m almost fcuking speechless. WTAF are they?

Its more like a Pride march than anything military..

I believe they have caught the ghey.

par avion

War Hero
Over a year from application to training, mine was less than 6 months back in the 80's. How many drop out between applying and being offered a place? Now that would be interesting figures to see.
Back in 1970 there was no Sutton Coldfield. For adult recruits it was attend ACIO. Written tests, medical, and off to depot for adult recruits. A bit longer for juniors. This was at Oxford. I think Sutton Coldfield had just opened as some of the northern recruits had attended when I joined JLR RE in January 1971.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mainly Spanish now, though Spanish speaking personnel from their former colonies may still enlist, as far as I know.
And as of about 2001/2002 they started taking Spanish speaking members of EU states too.

With only a Brit passport the o/p should have applied last month, as now she's buggered.
Or would be if male and in the Spanish Legion.

Chimp

ADC
Initial interview Sep 80, Sutton Coldfield Dec 80, Oath 7 Jan 81, in 12 Jan 81! Different times as they say nowaday. Only saw uniformed personnel. It was brisk informative and they all seemed to know what they were doing.

Chef

LE
Last edited:

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
And as of about 2001/2002 they started taking Spanish speaking members of EU states too.

With only a Brit passport the o/p should have applied last month, as now she's buggered.
Or would be if male and in the Spanish Legion.
D0pi16NXQAE-PMd.jpg

Glad to see the ladies are equally unencumbered by a top button

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads