Good News to all Prospective Applicants like myself

The French, what do you expect
Actually, the French Armed Forces are very open to female recruiting across the board. It's only the Foreign Legion which is a male only preserve due to the nature of the recruits being from all over the world.

Actually, the French Armed Forces are very open to female recruiting across the board. It's only the Foreign Legion which is a male only preserve due to the nature of the recruits being from all over the world.

Ahhh...so the rest of the World is sexist and not the French, that explains it. Thank You :D ;)

Ahhh...so the rest of the World is sexist and not the French, that explains it. Thank You :D ;)
Yup. It's just not possible to (cost and time) effectively train people from all over the world to become a cohesive fighting body and include women in the mix

Yup. It's just not possible to (cost and time) effectively train people from all over the world to become a cohesive fighting body and include women in the mix
Of course not, how sexist of me not to realise that..

Over a year from application to training, mine was less than 6 months back in the 80's. How many drop out between applying and being offered a place? Now that would be interesting figures to see.
we were given a presnetation on that ages ago, it was basically a massive funnel shape showing that for every person who got through training there were x many make an enquiry, then so many of them got to the next phase, and so on. there were some very large numbers to get one person through phase one

Spanish Foreign Legion recruit women.
Not really a Foreign Legion any more, just the Spanish Legion. And anyway, look at the pics of them on parade .........

Eh ? I thought the Legion had its own brothels ?
Not for quite a while now. Still had them overseas when I was in in the early to mid eighties though. The last one in Metropolitan France closed in 2 REP in about 1977. All the tarts did was up-sticks (and prices) and move to three establishments around the outside of Camp Raffalli. Where they were not subject to the same medical tests and hygiene practices enforced in the BMC's.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not really a Foreign Legion any more, just the Spanish Legion. And anyway, look at the pics of them on parade .........
Yeah. Women are perfectly safe around the Spanish Legion, they all appear to catch the bus around the corner, to judge by the look of them.

March 67 into the careers office. Take the test, what trade do you want, quick medical and can you give your employers a months notice?
Started basic training in June that year.

You marched 67 people into the careers office...were you on a retainer?

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Walked in to the LI in Shrewsbury & asked to join, some 4 months later I was in, but strangely not in LI?
I had a year earlier attempted to join the RN but they said I should come back in a year, i never did.

These days it must put people off, crapita are useless, a friends daughter took nearly 2 years.

In that time she joined the reserves & had been on her class 3 armorers course, she opted to stay with the REME with the regular forces and is living the dream, no ready to go tiffy in September.

You are Sgt Horatio Havercamp, and I claim my King's Shilling

Havercamp.jpg

Yeah. Women are perfectly safe around the Spanish Legion, they all appear to catch the bus around the corner, to judge by the look of them.
Yep, a fine body of erm..........
1581678016461.png

And, no, they don't have their top buttons undone. They don't have one.

Mind you, the regular lot seem a bit better

1581678088830.png

The_Duke

LE
Moved to the NAAFI as it is clearly not recruitment board material.

The smell of cardigans, tartan slippers and Werther’s Original is overpowering.

Moved to the NAAFI as it is clearly not recruitment board material.

The smell of cardigans, tartan slippers and Werther’s Original is overpowering.
Have a shower then.

Latest Threads