Good News to all Prospective Applicants like myself

Uuuuummmm that's not what you hear at the sharp end. Crapita are still useless at recruiting.

Over a year from application to training, mine was less than 6 months back in the 80's. How many drop out between applying and being offered a place? Now that would be interesting figures to see.

ugly

LE
Mine was almost a year but it was 1980 and junior service.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Went to the recruiting office in July and I was in at the beginning of September.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Over a year from application to training, mine was less than 6 months back in the 80's. How many drop out between applying and being offered a place? Now that would be interesting figures to see.
It took a matter of weeks in the 70's - applied around July and started in October.

1963 ! Seems just like yesterday and you know what a horrible day yesterday was!
..and it just gets worse...

Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Given the overall deficit of trained strength as inflow is being over matched by outflow, I think anyone wishing to join has ample opportunities at present. Good luck.

It took a matter of weeks in the 70's - applied around July and started in October.
1974 for me, went into CIO (remember those?) in July and I started basic training 4th October.

Turn up at Fort de Nogent in Paris or any other Foreign Legion recruitment office around France and three weeks later (if you pass the tests) you will be in basic training at Castelnaudary. During this time you will be fed, lodged and given a return ticket back to your place of recruitment from the depot at Aubagne if you fail.

However, (looking at the OP's avatar) it is unlikely to be relevant to you, as women are not eligible to become Legionnaires.

Turn up at Fort de Nogent in Paris or any other Foreign Legion recruitment office around France and three weeks later (if you pass the tests) you will be in basic training at Castelnaudary. During this time you will be fed, lodged and given a return ticket back to your place of recruitment from the depot at Aubagne if you fail.

However, (looking at the OP's avatar) it is unlikely to be relevant to you, as women are not eligible to become Legionnaires.
How very sexist!!!!!

The French, what do you expect
If you travel to deep rural France and involve yourself with the locals of a certain generation, you will find out for yourself.
My Mrs wasn't spoken to by the old boys where we are for the first 3 or 4 years, some still don't, which is their loss as she is 6' tall and Danish crumpet.
When we are out together they will always talk to me, it is as if she wasn't there sometimes.
Liberte, égalité, fraternité!

If you travel to deep rural France and involve yourself with the locals of a certain generation, you will find out for yourself.
My Mrs wasn't spoken to by the old boys where we are for the first 3 or 4 years, some still don't, which is their loss as she is 6' tall and Danish crumpet.
When we are out together they will always talk to me, it is as if she wasn't there sometimes.
Liberte, égalité, fraternité!
Since I am unable to travel. Do you mind telling me the real reason?

Latest Threads