good news from Europe for a change

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, Oct 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

if it was the special olympics he'd fit right in.

3. Bugger I thought we had left :(

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It'll be Harry Potter, the Dutch PM.

Merkel has always been against TB so it was a non-starter anyway.

They only need a mouthpiece for the job, one that will not launch personal crusades.

5. Reads like a hint to "Mandie" to get us into the Euro, if he wants Mr. Blair to be considered.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I don't think Sarko wants UK in Europe... :wink:

Pretty sure if it was put to an EU leaders vote, almost nobody would want UK in Europe at the moment.......

7. If we could guarantee Blair wouldn't be president, I'd be almost ambivalent instead of quite so rabidly against Europe. But only almost.

8. I think we should get Tony to be the European President and then pull out of Europe completely the next day.
    That would amuse me. Im easily amused. Although it might not be easy to pull it off.

9. And save us a fortune

10. :twisted:

thats a brilliant plan most of the UK would back that :D
    oh to see his face :twisted: get the queen to banish him the wide mouth frog and his spawn

11. Don't take Harry Potter away from us!

12. Can we then at least ask the other members to vote us out. Save having to have a referendum.

13. Perhaps the Europeans are realising how many wars he could start with all their armies.

14. How is it good news that anyone is going to become Ober-fuhrer of the new Eurostate.

If Blair doesn't get it, and he clearly shouldn't, some other Euro-toady will. For sake of balance I would still object if the job was offered to Maggie Thatcher, The Queen or Jeremy Bl00dy Clarkson. We don't need one, we don't want one, we can't afford one, we haven't voted for one.

15. Alternatively, you could have the referendum we were promised by all the parties last time round and we'd do it ourselves.