Good news for Radio 2 listeners

B42T

LE
Am now waiting for Wolvo Punk and others to wade in with a bit nostalgic reference to Cock Sparrer, Blockheads and Anti Nowhere league "et al" gigs that both they and I were too young to attend but did because we had elder siblings who snuck us in. Adam Ant, who? I knew him as Bazooka Joe (and he was sh@t btw) but had a stage act that make a Motörhead audience blush. Days of having no worries apart from double science the next morning.

Nowt wrong with a bit of Cock Sparrer back in the day.
Cockney Rejects are fantastic live, saw them in 2019.stunning.
No need to get Wolvo involved, unless you have some kind of agenda.

Weird.

JAD

LE

Weird.
Defo no agenda. I'm not quite sure who Wolvo is but if he was at 22 Sigs '85 ish then we might have crossed paths. He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things post '70's punk and reckon he may have wrote for Sniffin' Glue fanzine at one time. He may also know a former pal of mine who was once Army marathon champion from Dundee.

I think you will find that bingo was played by Mark Cavendish before he joined HTC
_20210130_064109.JPG

I think you will find that bingo was played by Mark Cavendish before he joined HTCView attachment 544387

Weird.
Flares n slippers for us all now

Good news, mayo was one of the few beeb radio presenters worth listening too. Not sure how he was on Scala. But appears to be getting the gang back together.

Good news, mayo was one of the few beeb radio presenters worth listening too. Not sure how he was on Scala. But appears to be getting the gang back together.

Excellent news. The fact that Matt is back makes it better.
I hope they resurrect Confessions.

Excellent news. The fact that Matt is back makes it better.
I hope they resurrect Confessions.
I think that is on the cards. Think I saw a tweet from him somewhere re that.

D

Deleted 15653

I think that is on the cards. Think I saw a tweet from him somewhere re that.
An excellent section. The 'corpseing' of the presenters was nearly as good as when Sir Terry used to lose it on Janet and John. Though nothing will quite compare to this snipet of radio gold

Am now waiting for Wolvo Punk and others to wade in with a bit nostalgic reference to Cock Sparrer, Blockheads and Anti Nowhere league "et al" gigs that both they and I were too young to attend but did because we had elder siblings who snuck us in. Adam Ant, who? I knew him as Bazooka Joe (and he was sh@t btw) but had a stage act that make a Motörhead audience blush. Days of having no worries apart from double science the next morning.
A couple of years back I went with my uncle to see the Cockney Rejects. A punk oi band that my uncle and his mates in the late 70s/early 80s. Speaking as a Millwall fan; for a hard core West Ham supporting band who had links to West Ham's hooligan supporters, they were terrific. It was a fantastic night.