Good news for Radio 2 listeners

Ah, a former Radio Luxembourg fan then ?

Johnny Walker survived a bit of a cancer go couple of years ago , maybe that's where you had the impression he had kufered it ?

When I read the thread title for a brief glorious second I thought the gist would be

' Jeremy Vine dropped by Radio 2: ' My god she is an annoying personality vacuum ' says new Controller Claws Winkelperson '

Hopes dashed - on with the motley.

Edited to add: as per post #67
Didn’t he get binned from the show after the Class A conviction?
Or before , I dunno. As mentioned on here previous, JW is a bit of a geezer too far for the BBC.

JAD

LE
Rylan is a grade A **** musket but he does play some class choons.
Good evening Kirky lad, how you doing; still into your vinyl (records)? I sold most of mine recently and well, my hopes of retiring on the profits were slightly, errr.. wildly off the mark. I cannot believe you listen to that "slimmers world" Ant Middleton lookalike f@ckin' Rylan. Unless you listen on mute of course.

Think he does some car buying advert rubbish (see the thread about smashing the TV because of annoying ads.)
Yep. Thats where I've seen the t***. Telling some mixed raced bird in a car that her boyfriend doesn't have a lot going on upstairs! Er... hello pot calling kettle!

Yep. Thats where I've seen the t***. Telling some mixed raced bird in a car that her boyfriend doesn't have a lot going on upstairs! Er... hello pot calling kettle!
It’s just telly. I am making a huge leap here, but I guess you have seen telly.
If you do not like the person, turn over. Or off!
Squinnying about people on “telly” is about as lame as it gets.
Change channel.

B42T

LE
Holy fkarama, I'm on utube at moment, dont listen to stuff like "who wants to live forever" by Alphaville or "Time to say Goodbye" by Brightman and Bocelli, you'll be topping yourself before before morning.

Its been nice knowing you lads.....

JAD

LE
You doughnut, he is Mr Knowledge on 70s rock and tbf, not so bad on punk.
Who's number JW doesn't have in his phone you could write on the top of a, a very small thing. He's interviewed and got drunk on tour buses, privately owned 747's, stadium backstages with 'em all and out-lived most of them too! He once had to spend a week with Keith Richard just to get a 30 minute interview, so I imagine that wasn't conducted at a health spa. That must have knocked a few years off his life; it's great to hear Johnnie these days swap quadruple heart bypass dits these days with those rockers he used to snort coke off the tits of groupies with in the '70's. Allegedly, because that bit isn't likely to be in his autobiography, sadly.

Kirkz

LE
Good evening Kirky lad, how you doing; still into your vinyl (records)? I sold most of mine recently and well, my hopes of retiring on the profits were slightly, errr.. wildly off the mark. I cannot believe you listen to that "slimmers world" Ant Middleton lookalike f@ckin' Rylan. Unless you listen on mute of course.
You sold your vinyl and you didn't offer me first dibs?
You are ******* dead to me.

It’s just telly. I am making a huge leap here, but I guess you have seen telly.
If you do not like the person, turn over. Or off!
Squinnying about people on “telly” is about as lame as it gets.
Change channel.
Er... I do.

Who's number JW doesn't have in his phone you could write on the top of a, a very small thing. He's interviewed and got drunk on tour buses, privately owned 747's, stadium backstages with 'em all and out-lived most of them too! He once had to spend a week with Keith Richard just to get a 30 minute interview, so I imagine that wasn't conducted at a health spa. That must have knocked a few years off his life; it's great to hear Johnnie these days swap quadruple heart bypass dits these days with those rockers he used to snort coke off the tits of groupies with in the '70's. Allegedly, because that bit isn't likely to be in his autobiography, sadly.
That’s nice, dear.

JAD

LE
You sold your vinyl and you didn't offer me first dibs?
You are ******* dead to me.
I offered you first dibs years ago when I thought my lights were going out and would be on permanent radio silence, but of course you thought I was over reacting. It seems nearly 5 years on I was being a bit of a drama queen and rumours of my impending death were slightly exaggerated. I've kept my bingo pen signed Damned "The Black Album" and Dave Vanian Consultant cigarette packet from 1981, Vince Clark autographed last but one DM gig Speak and Spell and Gary Numan Warriors '83 tour album as they are a bit sentimental to me.

B42T

LE
I offered you first dibs years ago when I thought my lights were going out and would be on permanent radio silence, but of course you thought I was over reacting. It seems nearly 5 years on I was being a bit of a drama queen and rumours of my impending death were slightly exaggerated. I've kept my bingo pen signed Damned "The Black Album" and Dave Vanian Consultant cigarette packet from 1981, Vince Clark autographed last but one DM gig Speak and Spell and Gary Numan Warriors '83 tour album as they are a bit sentimental to me.

Eyyyy I had the Black Album, double LP. Dear God what happened to those days of having no worries.

JAD

LE
Didn’t he get binned from the show after the Class A conviction?
Or before , I dunno. As mentioned on here previous, JW is a bit of a geezer too far for the BBC.
Allegations of JW and the Emperor Rosco snorting stuff off the vinyl whilst on air whilst on the mighty 208 on the medium wave. Hookers in the studio were mentioned but not substantiated.

JAD

LE
Eyyyy I had the Black Album, double LP. Dear God what happened to those days of having no worries.
Am now waiting for Wolvo Punk and others to wade in with a bit nostalgic reference to Cock Sparrer, Blockheads and Anti Nowhere league "et al" gigs that both they and I were too young to attend but did because we had elder siblings who snuck us in. Adam Ant, who? I knew him as Bazooka Joe (and he was sh@t btw) but had a stage act that make a Motörhead audience blush. Days of having no worries apart from double science the next morning.

Latest Threads