Good news day then

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by old_bloke, Aug 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope he went all Riverdance all over his head.

2. Good riddance; sick of being expected to fund life of leisure for these pieces of raw sewage. Not normally in favour of gratuitous violence but for these B*st*rds I'm prepared to make an exception. Death Penalty would make sure they don't reoffend.

3. Totally agree with above. Child rapists, aggrevated burglary, parking in disabled spaces without a badge should all suffer the same consequences. If you terminate life, you should expect yours to be terminated as a result.

Me? Extreme? You frigging bet!

4. As the Mikado said, "My object all sublime, I shall achive in time, to let the punishment fit the crime". Apologies to Gilbert & Sullivan, but death penalty was the norm in their day although child-shaggers in the aristocracy were, off course, protected by the social elite. Me, I recommend the Halifax gibbet; bit like a guillotine, but members of the public release the blade. On the court house lawn on a pleasant afternoon after three several Sundays. Yep, sounds good to me.

5. Wait until you see the price of the inquest, it would have kept scrotey in white lightning and JSA from now until the day he died..... Not to mention the compo claim his family will now be after for how their poor little rapist was let down by the big nasty system.

6. I wonder what his last words were?
    "You won't walk all over me"

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

seems like the other fella heard that and had to put his foot down.

8. I thought the Stamper was already down for murder? From what I read, he held his hands up and said he did it. Surely they'll just add another murder gig to his currents and he'll head straight back to pokey.

I wouldn't have thought there'd be a need for an inquest, it would all come out in the wash at the new trial.

However this is Britian we live in so expect an inquest lasting 10 years and a billion pounds, with a verdict that tells us the killer was a murderer and thought the nonce deserved it!

9. Ah, trust the Daily wail to 'jump all over this one.'

Perhaps it would be a good idea to always pair nonces up with career murderers who don't mind a bit of overtime when it comes to their chosen profession. Soon we'd have plenty of space in our overcrowded prisons.

10. The murderer obviously put his heart and sole into it.

11. I thought Grendon was a prison for sex offenders. Suggests to me that, as he was at Grendon, the "alleged" killer was also a sex offender of sorts. Probably not as bad as the dead one though!

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

This is what the Prison Service has to say about Grendon:

Grendon
    Grendon was opened in 1962 as an experimental psychiatric prison to provide treatment for prisoners with antisocial personality disorders, under the direction of a medical superintendent.

Over the years it has been brought more in line with the rest of the prison estate and is now run by a prison service governor. It does, however continue to operate a unique regime in its therapeutic care of offenders.

Currently Grendon can house up to 235 residents in Cat B secure conditions, with each of its six wings operating as autonomous therapeutic communities.

Address:

HM Prison Grendon

Grendon Underwood

Buckinghamshire

HP18 0TL

Tel: 01296 445000

Fax: 01296 445001

Governor: Dr Peter Bennett

Accommodation: Single Cells

Operational Capacity: 235 as of 31st January 2006

Reception Criteria: The prison accepts serving category B & C male prisoners in England & Wales over the age of 21. Prisoners must be serving sentences that will allow a stay of at least 24 months at Grendon. Prisoners have to choose to come to Grendon, and must have a genuine desire to change and to work at changing. They must also be committed to staying free from drugs whilst in therapy.

So not just for sex offenders then....

13. Ah The Mikado as a source of public policy. Who would have thought it.

Oh wait....

"To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock,
    In a pestilential prison, with a life-long lock,
    Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock,
    From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block"

14. Not wishing to disagree with the government line, but I would be interested to know how many of present inmates were not sex offenders. There weren't that many when I was in the PS.