Good news and Bad news...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by AFC_1992, Jan 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all have just called my recruiter to see about my medical and he told me I have passed ( i screamed like a little girl at this point :p) and I got my first interview next thursday good times.....

But I just told my mum and she started crying saying I'm never gunna see you again and I assured her that I am not even close to joining the army yet but she won't listen so I was wondering what to do...I was thinking of getting my recruiter to speak to her, what do you guys think?
  2. Crack on. She'll get over it.
  3. Yep do that. End of the day your recruiter has all the info, and she just needs reassurance, I'm guessing, that you won't go off to basic and never come home again ;)

Either get her on the phone to your recruiter or go into the AFCO with her to have a chat.

4. Has your Ma ever thought about signing up?

5. Once you join up you'll realise that you Mum is a stinky civvy and you'll not want to talk to her anyway.
  6. Na the only thing she will be good at is cleaning and cooking like all women should be doing ha!
  7. Leave it for a while, she'll get used to the idea eventually.
  8. Grow a pair and tell her to do one. I'm with Smudge on this one, you'll hate her sorry civvy face once you've passed out anyway. Start disappointing her now, its the best thing for her.
    What mob you joining?
  9. Your not Gary Windass are you?
  10. You might find that your Mum talking to the recruiter might help her?
  11. :clap: :judge: :clap:
  12. Get her to join ARRSE. Wait. On second thoughts, don't. Get her onto rear party.
  13. I was possibly the happiest bloke in the world when i told my old duchess I was joining up and on the day I was leaving for the train station I handed her my house keys.

Mum-"why you giving me these? Ha ha, you not coming back?"

Me-" Like fcuk I am you vicious old cow!"

Mum then felled me with a right hook and me old man stuck the boot in while I was rolling on the deck.

Never went back funnily enough.

Cut the apron strings wee man, you'll be a better man for it.

14. :lol:

Mob :eek: ?
    Well I am hopefully joining the Paras if not then Rifles or Royal Anglian 8)
  15. You screamed like a little girl at the good news, but you wanna join the Parachute Regiment? You wanna get that out your system pretty fast! where is Fallschirmjager when you need him......?