Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good music with a slightly weird twist.

aardvark64

War Hero
AC/DC Ooompah!

Chef

LE
Here's a couple:

and

some time ago I picked up an album called iirc Classic Rock by LSO, which played their interpretation of, well, classic rock. Off to google. Wait out.

I remember it well, during the 1970s a group of us used to buy an album once a month, we'd all decide which one and then took it in turns to buy it, the person who bought it would then transfer it onto a tape (remember those?) for everyone else and then keep the album, it was a cheap way of getting an album and boosting your own collection of music.

It was a toss up between them and Puddles tbh, there also The Hu (Mongolian throat singing rock)
Edit. . . The Hu

Morning @Helm,
One of the TBs in the dhaba I drink in played that last night, along with other stuff from the band. I thought this one was the best track and was thinking of throwing it on the 'What music...' thread but I don't how to do that magic. This thread turns up et viola:clap::clap:.
Pic's of the view from dhaba. When the monsoon mist cuts the view I relieve the boredom by joining straws together and blowing ants of their motorway.
Excellent thread by the way.

Attachments

• 20200723_165012.jpg
    20200723_165012.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200715_190040.jpg
    20200715_190040.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200709_155635_003.jpg
    20200709_155635_003.jpg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 17
Back to on screen music and one I've been enjoying for a while:

Bloodywood . Maybe not so much a twist, but it should resonate with all of us! and 10 points for the Dave Grohl impersonator. :)

SK

Chef

LE
I remember it well, during the 1970s a group of us used to buy an album once a month, we'd all decide which one and then took it in turns to buy it, the person who bought it would then transfer it onto a tape (remember those?) for everyone else and then keep the album, it was a cheap way of getting an album and boosting your own collection of music.

Quite cheap. But not as cheap as using the record section in the library. Mate of mine used to do that, plus they'd order stuff in. When they sold off the books and records I picked up a few for a pound a pop.

Katzenjammer were excellent live, Norwegian, easy on the eye and played all the instruments with equal skill

Latest Threads