Good music with a slightly weird twist.

Tyk

LE
I've recently come across some arguably rather top notch music but played and presented in an unusual way.

Example some classic Westerns.

I'm sure you guys have a few others, it would be fun to see them

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've recently come across some arguably rather top notch music but played and presented in an unusual way.

Example some classic Westerns.

I'm sure you guys have a few others, it would be fun to see them
some time ago I picked up an album called iirc Classic Rock by LSO, which played their interpretation of, well, classic rock. Off to google. Wait out.

Hawkwind's Siver Machine on Ukeles.

I saw Jon Lord and Deep Purple at the Royal Albert Hall, playing with the RSO. Gillan did most of the crooning but Ronnie James Dio turned up as well.

We had a bet that I would run around the circle corridor with my arse out if they didn't play 'smoke on the water'. It was the very last encore (after they'd left the stage twice).

ugly

LE
Steve n seagulls for finish hillbilly rock

needlewaver

War Hero

The Kaleidoscope Orchestra’s take on the Prodigy; they’ve done all sorts of stuff.

A similar sketch but on a Slovenian Mandolin Orchestra (things you didn’t think you’d write today...) they also do a half decent cover of Reise Reise by Rammstein.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Heee....the Ukelele Orchestra of GB has a....ROBUST ....approach to cover versions.

They have been touring succesfully since 1988, including a BBC Proms concert from the Royal Albert Hall.

David Suich is the frightfully well spoken long-hair metallist first left who fronted the Silver Machine track.

George Hinchcliffe, from Sheffield is their lead and inspiration, and a consummate musician

May I commend this video to the House:

Sadly Kitty Lux died in 2017 - Obit here Kitty Lux obituary

Last edited:

triggerigger

War Hero
I had an old punk album with covers on it
Rock around the clock :pistols
Grapvine : the slits
Nights in white satin : dickies
Satisfaction : DEVO
Some odd stuff that was of its time still fun to listenhear it.
R-1118715-1193506868.jpeg.jpg

Anything by Margarita Pracatan (RIP).

Latest Threads