good morning all, help needed

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by reverend_jim, Oct 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. good morning to one and all,
    i have suggested to the commitee at my local ex-services club that we might be able to put together some "shoe-box" gifts to send to our boys and girls for xmas this year.
    can anyone help me with the name and adress of the charity that transports these and distributes them?

many thanks in advance.
  2. contact your local Army Base and ask to help as you cannot send to a unnamed soldier,
  3. SOS is the one i would reccomend, the only one that is endorsed by the MOD.

"The MOD welcomes SOS‘s work. The aspiration to provide support to the men and women on the front line is shared by many of the public. This charity has arranged with the British Forces Post Office to send high quality parcels to named Service personnel on operations in a way which causes the minimum of disruption to the operational postal service.”

we're delighted to announce that for every parcel sent this Christmas, 50p will be donated to BLESMA (the British Limbless Ex-Servicemen's Association). So not only will you be raising the morale of our boys and girls serving overseas, you'll be helping on a more permanent basis too!
  4. <irony overload>

My bold

Good bunch.
  5. In years passim I have sent countless boxes of "comfort" via the bfpo route to the hot and sandy , this year I'll be using the SoS system, its better targeted and more suited to the current logistcs chain, and of course the support for BLESM

I will still have the post office counter confrontations with dim counter clerks, after all there are still other parts of the world where our lads and lassies are serving and deserving of our support

I'm off to try some reverse mugging in the supermarket later on
  6. Hi, Karen from Support Our Soldiers here. Thanks for posting about our Christmas Parcel Appeal which as you say, has been fully approved by the MOD.

Just to let you know that although the bulk of the parcels are sent to the boys and girls out in Afghanistan, we also send to the Falklands, Bosnia, Kosovo, and other overseas theatres of operation. Plus of course HM Ships.

Many thanks everyone for your support.

Kind regards