Good lock!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Dawson1988, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I start basic on 3rd of May at Bassingbourn (a side not just incase anyone else is), now i know that you need to bring 5 padlocks and its mentioned many times over many kit lists on here but never really the size. Went shopping today and the range of ones i figure i should get is either the 30,40 or 50mm size, can anyone elaborate on what ones?
  2. Think this was covered recently in the ITC catterick thread. Someone said to take about 8, and to have number combo ones as you dont have to carry keys around with you then. About the same size as a decent suitcase lock i think.

3. See this adds more problems cause i had heard they didnt want you to use combination locks that it had to be the ones with keys
  4. What Coops said in the ITC catterick thread, has been moentioned in there quite alot, have a look through the search. Loads of people asking about them.

If your still unsure wait till monday and give your ACIO a ring.

5. When I was in basic (1998), there was this scouse lad who kept losing his padlock keys - he was an admin nightmare. The RS full screw made his life hell from which he never really recovered - kept the pressure off everyone else though.

Reference padlocks - from experience, you'll probably find that the long shackle padlock of the cheap variety (i.e. can be broken off easily when you lose the keys - which you will do) will be more suitable.
  6. Most locks will fit the locker doors.

SOPs when losing locker keys is to march to the guardroom and sign out the bolt croppers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.