Good Lightweight Jacket, Recommendations Please ?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by CptDanjou, Jun 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I`m looking to buy a new lightweight jacket for hill walking and rough shooting , needs to be at least shower proof , green / khaki but prefer not to have DPM / cammo , must be breathable as well , I dont feel the cold much so insulation not essential , any recommendations ?

2. Have a shufti at Paramo - their green kit is non-rustle, lightweight and pretty much the mutt's nuts. I'm a convert to their stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Patagonia, montane or similar do the job.

4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Try Ventile products: Hilltrek in Aboyne make garments from it. Several Arrsers have bought their products and spesak highly of them: Home

5. Ventile from Hilltrek, Paramo "naturally" which is there subdued green stuff (I have the Velez smock for fishing/shooting) or Hilltrek are not doing a ventile covered (so its thorn proof) Analogy jacket. Analogy is the stuff Paramo make their kit from..so the best of both worlds.

6. I've got one of the "mythical" Sass ventile jackets, ******* love it, wear it hot, cold and wet.

I don't think they exist any more but googling ventile jacket should bring up a few manufacturers that do them.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

For the hill or even woodland in winter I use Nomad stealth fleece.

8. I've got a Paramo Pajaro jacket; it wasn't cheap - it set me back 250 notes in 2008 (IIRC they are now £270) but it proved it's worth bear-watching in an unseasonably cold Sweden in the May of that year. I keep it as part of my wildlife watching gear and it is a superb bit of kit.

9. Googled it and came up with this Stone Island Ventile Ghost Jacket in Khaki - Buy at Aphrodite Mens Clothing Online UK £521 !!! better still it was £695!! who the fcuk pays that for a freakin jacket!!

I also found this for £65 http://www.jackpykeshop.co.uk/hunters-jacket.html , lightweight and breathable ?