Good jazz PUBS in London query

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by growler, Nov 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody got any ideas of good jazz (pref trad) PUB in Central London area on a Saturday evening?
    Going down w/end 3rd & 4th Dec. Been on web but would appreciate advice fm someone “in the know!”
    Thanks

2. Surely you should be at the crawl, instead?

3. I know it's a matter of taste...... but I don't consider there can possibly be a GOOD jazz pub. And before you question the quality of my taste, just remember that there are only two types of taste...... bad & mine. :wink:

4. Try looking in Time Out London alternatively Ronnie Scott's club -- Smokin'.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

3rd Monday of the Month (because thats the only time I go there!) 3 stags Lambeth opposite the IWM
    Not much help but hey!

6. Ronnie Scotts is the stereo typical one but is very expensive and rammed with people.
    There is a Pizza Express in Soho that has a jazz bar in it so scoff and music at the same time.
    Try Smolensky's On The Strand as they used to have a jazz bar in the basement

7. Your best bets Soho with the previously mentioned Pizza Express Jazz Club, Ronnie Scotts and "Jazz After Dark" on Greek Street.

8. Isn't there another Pizza Express that has jazz near to Hyde PArk?

9. Jazz Cafe, The Parkway, Camden Town can be good.

10. really good...never had a bad time, but can get cramped