Good Idea

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by crosbunny, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys

Have my RSW this weekend coming, now I've got myself fitter over the last few weeks and can now do 1.5 in 10:30 to 11.00. I wan't to train a bit harder this week instead of monday wednesday friday. would running every day be bad or shall I keep to my old routine

2. if your RSW is this weekend coming then you don't want to over train this week. You want to rest your body a bit. So monday, wednesday do stuff, and friday do some more gentle stuff! If its not this weekend then train harder but make sure you take it easy the week before you go!

3. You shouldn't work extra hard in the final few days, if anything you should be doing the opposite, what's called tapering.

Here's an example of what that might mean
    Obviously this is intended for distance runners so you don't necessarily want to do exactly what it says. The general principle though is take it a little bit easier a few days before hand. On the days immediately before, do a little bit of running and a load of stretching.
  4. I agree with whats been said about resting/tapering, however remember old routines can get boring and you could find yourself maintaining your fitness instead of improving it, which is what you sound like you want to do.

Fitness regimes need to be updated and changed to suit your aim. As you get fitter up the ante until you reach a the level of fitness that suits you.