Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No - Terrible Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Leafing through the "What are you reading" thread my attention was caught by this post:

Currently culling my book collection.... Collection should be read as hoard actually. Looks like its going to take a fair few trips to the charity shops as 4 full bags worth has barely dented the fecker.

Kind of heart wrenching in a way as I choose my book purchases carefully and sort of love em all. However I really need the space. Oh well.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead
Now many of us have large book collections that need culling, or are looking for certain tomes to fill the holes on our shelves, so it gave me the idea that maybe an ARRSE Book Exchange could be established allowing members to exchange books.

The recipient/sender would have to meet the cost of postage, natch, but also the reciepient should make a donation a pre-agreed Mil Charity, agreed between the sender and reciepient - that way Charities not UK based, but based in Aus, NZ, US, Fra etc etc could also benefit - if you are recieving books from an Colonial Member of the site - donate to a Colonial Charity, whilst if they recieve from you, they donate to a UK charity etc etc

I was thinking if us 'Colonials' could be included, and you've answered the question. Not a bad concept.

Postage might be a bit of a 'dick drag', but I guess for the price of a few beers, and knowing that the book was going to be appreciated not a 'biggie' really.

For some, PERSEC might be an issue.

I would love to but I would be hesitant about dishing my name and address out to some ARRSEr's

Why not offer them up all up as a Book stall for the next Help4Heroes weekender?

oldbaldy

LE
In a small way we already do this the our Arrse battlefield tours. People on the tour bring books they no longer want & auction them for Hols.
Maybe do something similar around various crawls.

I would love to but I would be hesitant about dishing my name and address out to some ARRSEr's

Why not offer them up all up as a Book stall for the next Help4Heroes weekender?
Bog off, very few on here are actually important, most just think they are.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Heh. Not for me it's not. Not any more. Moving on...

There is already a deal where people can donate books received for ARRSE Review to a good cause where lovely MILF's in Gingham frocks flog the books to unsuspecting punters. It is cash or jars of honey I believe.

If somebody could be arsed, they could setup a central collection and distribution point and bung the proceeds to a worthy cause. I would do it myself but I already setup Amazon so I am a bit busy.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

But would we be sending it to you or your female persona??

Latest Threads