Good hotel in Aldershot?

Sadly not!

The holiday inn farnborough is probably your best best for a half decent hotel, however there is also a travel inn type place near tescos, staggering distance from Cheeks!

Potters International is quite smart but not sure how much. It's on the A325 by Montgomery Lines but as was said up there ^ the Travel Inn is staggering distance for the town.

giles1969

Clanker
There used to be a good overnight stay in the Guard Room in Buller Barracks. Full bed and board and even some drill lesson included!!!

bovvy

LE

bovvy

LE
sandmanfez said:
bovvy said:
sandmanfez said:
If you don't mind an extra couple of miles each way.

http://www.aviatorfarnborough.co.uk/hotel/

I've driven past that building a few times. Didn't realise it was a hotel (an hotel?). :oops:

You're excused Bovvy, its not obvious. I suspect that they've kept it all a bit low-key to discourage the locals. :wink:

It might be that I'm distracted drooling over the Aston Martin in the garage opposite (or is that further up/down the A325?)

Theres a Travel Lodge type hotel behind Tesco's which is cheap and cheerful enough. Its only a quick stagger back from town and has a pub/restaurant in it as well.

bovvy said:
It might be that I'm distracted drooling over the Aston Martin in the garage opposite (or is that further up/down the A325?)

Its not quite opposite, but it is close.
Swish hotels and Aston Martins. Anyone reading this thread, who's not familiar with Farnborough, probably has a mental picture of somewhere Cheltenhamesque. You'd be disappointed.

The Jack-Daniels Inn, with a swimmingpool in the backgarden.

OR IS THAT NOT YOURS J-D ?

Gluck_ab said:
Can't remember the name of it but there's a good one on the start of the Hog's Back - Aldershot end.

Would that be the Hogs Back Hotel?

potters..or a tent up the training area.

i did spend a night asleep in reception of travel inn.....not up to my standards, but i couldnt complain, as i'd left my house keys in the traf and it was either the travel inn reception or a bench

the_guru said:
Gluck_ab said:
Can't remember the name of it but there's a good one on the start of the Hog's Back - Aldershot end.

There's a Ramada Jarvis up there, dunno what it's called apart from, err, Ramada Jarvis.

Bit in the middle of nowhere anyway!

counterstrike said:
the_guru said:
Gluck_ab said:

There's a Ramada Jarvis up there, dunno what it's called apart from, err, Ramada Jarvis.

Bit in the middle of nowhere anyway!

on the hogs back, i nearly got married in there.

Latest Threads