Good Gurkha news tonight!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Psypher, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has come from Kieran tonight and he's asked me to post it on ARRSE for him. (Kieran is still very poorly and has been for some time, nevertheless, he continued putting in considerable hours fighting on behalf of the Gurkhas).

:D :D :D

2. On Wednesday, Prime Minister Gordon Brown said the UK's commitment to the Gurkhas could be honoured "in a way that protects the public finances".

This did make me laugh. This man is a cnut of the highest order.

3. As long as all retired Gurkhas are granted the right to live here then justice will have been served. Even Brown cannot be that stupid as to offer anything less?

Welcome brother soldiers, you honour us with your presence.

4. Well come to all the Gurkhas we are so pleased to wellcome you as part of our family in the u.k. :D

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

In a word No.

Now bog off.

Sorry PsyWar

6. स्वागतम् शुभ कामना

Your home is ours and we are hounoured by your presence....

7. Thanks for this PsyWar and good efforts Kieran. Spotted that as well Trewlawny, you have a much better way with words though.

8. Great News.

Now all we need is to fcuk this corrupt goverment and the illegals off :x

9. I was just reading the news and read that very sentence out loud to my boss, suggesting that if our Glorious Leader was so concerned about public finances, he could start with slashing the social welfare budget and providing border controls that would prevent illegal immigrants from being a drain on our resources. :roll:

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Yup and that is why I think we should hold back from making the grand welcomes that we are on this thread. I'll cheer if it is appropriate after the announcement but I would put in past the one eyed ogre to put a couple of caveats that will cause more outrage. Trelawney's last sentence should remind us of why I have this concern.

However, I keep my fingers crossed that the more optimistic amongst us are right.

11. Statement due from Home Sec @ 1230.

12. NuLabor speak for we misled you about the cost before and you found us out so we have changed our estimates to what they should have been.

13. Blah Blah, government..pleased to be doing the 'right thing'....loyal friends.... taken note of public opinion(I doubt this one but live in hope)...take time to sort details... good news, aren't we great etc etc

Still on the bright side; a result
    Downside is cessation of personal emails from Jo Lumley :cry:

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Sky news now

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Gurkha's who served before 97 & more than 4 years service are welcome as are spouses & dependents under 18.
    Existing applictions to be processed before June.
    Fcuk it's dusty in here....