Good Golly... It's kid's fancy dress from the 70s..

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sportbilly42, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Father-in-law died last week and I'm going through the boxes and BOXES of slides that were cluttering up his spare bedroom to transfer them to jpegs for my wife and all her sisters (like he promised to do yonks ago) and came across this of my wife as a kid around 1978.... Not that long ago really (alright it's 30+ years) but imagine sending your kid to a school fancy dress competition these days dressed like this and hoping to get a prize... (she's third from the left btw!)

[​IMG]

You'd get your photo in the national newspapers and your house burnt down before you got home. I should be thinking serious thoughts about "How we've moved on and become more inclusive and sensitive" but couldn't help thinking it was all so innocent and (frankly) quite funny.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Yep, your right.

But always remember that it makes you a racist bigot.

Bit like me really.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Top post. Seriously.

I was encouraged, a couple years back, when - with wifey and kids - we holidayed in the Kingdom Of Fife, and found several,TeaShoppe type places selling pukka hand-made golliwogs: proudly displayed in their shop windows.

Sudden outbreaks of sanity - we need more of them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have you tried getting her to wear that costume during sex? You'll never look back, trust me on this...

I cannot believe you are a racist bigot...there is not (nor ever has been) such a thing in that fine body of men, the Kent Constabulary.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Being a racist bigot was compulsory back then, they taught it in the schools, this was compulsory reading back then:

[​IMG]

6. Who is the honky on the right?

7. .
    That's all well and good, but do you have anymore pictures of your wife?

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

That was when this was a very popular TV variety show. In a time when everything seems to be repeated on BBC4, Dave, the Hitler Channel, or whatever this series is strangely absent. The BBC could make a fortune from repeats, surely? :

The Black and White Minstrel Show - Part 7 - YouTube

9. I had that record and the book as a kid, moved many times so its long since gone, I think.

10. I don't see it as rascist at all. It might well have been if they had gone dressed like these chaps;

[​IMG]

11. Nice one, times were different back then.

Have you stumbled across any photos featuring your father in law feeding his daughter a length of cock?

12. In Holland they have a kind of gollywog called Swarty Pete who makes an appearance around Christmas time. Most shop windows have got one (full size or miniature.)
    I have a bit of Dutch influence in my family as my grand-parents had close friends oop north who were Dutch, not much but I can remember mum going on about Swarty Pete when we were very young and having no idea what it was about. Now I work there often and understand it. He's like Santa's 'Man Friday' style helper. Also parents threaten badly behaved children by saying he'll break into family homes at night and punish/steal them!

13. Fuck Holland and your Golliwogs.

Japan has Pedo Bear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pedo Bear trumps Swarty Pete. Every time. All the time.

• Like Like x 1