Good drills

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by labrat, Aug 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cannot find online link, but this is from the times today... page 11, people column

Sickly news from Afghanistan

We're told that Declan Walsh, who reports on the troubled country for the guardian was recently visiting Sangin, in Helmund province.

"He was in a chinook with a load of paras" says our man in the flack jacket. "the pilot found they couldnt land immediatley, so he was dodging around and it was getting a bit bumpy. One para threw up out of the hatch, and it blew back all over Declan"

All the soldiers in the helicopter were thrilled that their comrade had managed to be sick on a journalist. Even the green faced para himself. "if he had got another para" our man explains, "he'd probably have got punched."

Good drills that man! :twisted:

2. Thanks - Makes me smile to think that a "Jurno" for the bleeding hearts gets it straight :)

3. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy :D

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

5. Excellent! Brought a smile to my face which is more than it did for the journo!

6. I'm glad it was the journo and not another para. One of the lads would've had to stag on in his smelly clobber, but the journo can change his. Good drills, though.

Another very interesting item from the same page:
    It appears, however, that the wrong ones are dying! Where's Phoney Tony, Blunder Blunkett, Jack (Last) Straw and all the rest of the real wasters on the list?

MsG

7. And he was a lefty Guardian Journo even better!

8. Wasted chance to push the lefty bar stud off the tailgate

9. journo good go to hell.